Bennet Does not want to leave

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex_Charlie

Dec 17, 2010
Brighton
A mate of mine is friends with elliot and he says it is his agent trying to get money and has persuaded him to do it. Bennet is happy and knows if norwich go up he will always be on the bench.

Dont know if this is true but hope it is

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see Bennett being that easily led. If he didn't want to go he wouldn't have put in a transfer request.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Are players actually contracted to an agent? If Bennett was being messed around by his agent could he just tell him to do one and therefore end the problem there and then. I'm really not sure what contractual power (if any) the agent has over a player.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Don't get too excited about todays match, it's the cup after all. Elliott is crucial to the rest of our league campaign. I would imagine agents can be very persuasive, thats why they are agents, fleecing money from clubs and players. Keep the faith Elliott, you know it makes sense to stay with us. Nice to hear the Albion faithful singing his name earlier.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Im still pessemistic. Regardless of these rumours that he doesn't want to go. You can't get Bennett off the hook because of his agent's past.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
There is no way an agent could make a player move if they were completely happy where they were, Bennett will have agreed to it aswell

Maybe he is tempted by the 'filthy lucre' he would get at Norwich, but its not like he is having a shit time with us. The club just needs to convince him he is better off with us from a professional perspective and we are not too far off emulating Norwich.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Don't get too excited about todays match, it's the cup after all. Elliott is crucial to the rest of our league campaign. I would imagine agents can be very persuasive, thats why they are agents, fleecing money from clubs and players. Keep the faith Elliott, you know it makes sense to stay with us. Nice to hear the Albion faithful singing his name earlier.

I've been talked into job interviews by recruitment agents for jobs I didn't really want, and it is true that agents can be very persuasive and manipulative. Sometimes you have to really be firm with them, and for some people that is difficult and uncomfortably out of character. At the end of the day though, if Elliott really doesn't want to go, he'll make that decision no matter what the agent tempts him with..

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
^ This. I've been for a few interviews for jobs that I didn't really want when I was happy with my existing job, but the thing is I've done it with the mindset that it will give me a chance to see what it's like even if I probably so no if I get offered the job. Putting in the request doesn't necessarily mean that he absolutely and definitely wants to go. In his mind, I'm thinking that he wouldn't want to spend time later on thinking "what if?"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've been talked into job interviews by recruitment agents for jobs I didn't really want, and it is true that agents can be very persuasive and manipulative.

yeah, interview is one thing, but have you actually handed in your notice for another job you werent interested in? Bennett is probably interested in hearing what Norwich have to offer, hence the transfer request as part of the process. but if he thought he'd be bench warming, he would bother would he? so it rather bollocks.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
A mate of mine is friends with elliot and he says it is his agent trying to get money and has persuaded him to do it. Bennet is happy and knows if norwich go up he will always be on the bench.

Dont know if this is true but hope it is

So let me dissect the above. You are not sure if your mate is telling you the truth........ No, it doesn't help....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports