Benitez

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
cut%20out%20sack.jpg
?

I think his time may be up...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would Mourinho take it at the end of the season? He'd love to have a couple of seasons against Fergie before he retires, although it'd rule him out of the Old Trafford job he 'apparently' wants.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think his only crumb of comfort is the unearthing of the greatest financial shambles currently at MUFC plus the two owners of LFC being at loggerheads.

Might just save him from the sack.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They cannot afford to.
So no.
Apparently it will cost them £12million to sack Rafa and the backroom staff.
+However much for a new manager.

Megalolz at the Yanks for giving him a 5 year contract :facepalm:

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I think his only crumb of comfort is the unearthing of the greatest financial shambles currently at MUFC plus the two owners of LFC being at loggerheads.

Might just save him from the sack.

Why would financial problems at Man U save him from the sack for gods sake.
Think the Liverpool board may be more slightly concerned that apart from Torres,Gerrard, and Carragher..the 'squad' is playing at Championship level.......and most of that is down to Benitez and his dreadful signings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: that is all.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
That in itself is a joke. The fans must be getting slightly worried or are they still riding the Champions League wave of 2005?

Most still think the amount of support they get (based on their past) will save them and they will become great again.

You see loads of liverpool shirts around but in terms of money they really are the poor relations to Manure & Chelski.

I think the CL 2005 was a bad thing for them as it sort of made Benitez seem as though he was some messiah but in fact he's "a very naughty boy" and his rotation and zonal marking mantras are a joke

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They cannot afford to.
So no.
Apparently it will cost them £12million

And how much will they lose if they miss out on the top 4 as well as not getting the fa cup or league cup and exiting the champions league in the group stages.

It's not that they haven't been able to afford to sack Benitez, it's that to do so would cost a lot of money, more than (at least until tonight) it has been worth spending.

They are getting close to the stage we were at with Slade and Adams last season - Is it worth taking the risk on staying with a manager who looks like he isn't going to reach minimum targets on the chance he turns it around or do they bring in a new guy and hope that helps them salvage something this season?

£12m for Benitez, plus, say £5m for a new guy for this year which brings in the 40m(?) from champions league qualification or save yourself 12m now and risk missing out on the CL big money?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
And how much will they lose if they miss out on the top 4 as well as not getting the fa cup or league cup and exiting the champions league in the group stages.

It's not that they haven't been able to afford to sack Benitez, it's that to do so would cost a lot of money, more than (at least until tonight) it has been worth spending.

They are getting close to the stage we were at with Slade and Adams last season - Is it worth taking the risk on staying with a manager who looks like he isn't going to reach minimum targets on the chance he turns it around or do they bring in a new guy and hope that helps them salvage something this season?

£12m for Benitez, plus, say £5m for a new guy for this year which brings in the 40m(?) from champions league qualification or save yourself 12m now and risk missing out on the CL big money?

They have not got £12M Benitez spunked up millions and they can't even finance the new ground. Thats why they even contemplate sharing with Everton

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I've always said he's a DIABOLICAL manager. And now everyone else sees it. I like being RIGHT.

Hang on Fergie seems to be going the same way especially with his "I have got CR's money to spend but I don't need to use it"

Manure are in big trouble as was pointed out earlier.

And whilst Wenger might have some brilliant young players coming through its obvious the new stadium and the failure to sell the overpriced housing at Highbury has stuffed them up too.

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
They have not got £12M Benitez spunked up millions and they can't even finance the new ground. Thats why they even contemplate sharing with Everton

I don't see the issue with sharing grounds, namely Inter and AC, Lazio and Roma. They manage perfectly fine under the same roof and if anything things are much more likely to kick off over in Italy.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Hang on Fergie seems to be going the same way especially with his "I have got CR's money to spend but I don't need to use it"

Manure are in big trouble as was pointed out earlier.

And whilst Wenger might have some brilliant young players coming through its obvious the new stadium and the failure to sell the overpriced housing at Highbury has stuffed them up too.

Quite right, I think we are on the crest of something quite significant happening to a very big club.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't see the issue with sharing grounds, namely Inter and AC, Lazio and Roma. They manage perfectly fine under the same roof and if anything things are much more likely to kick off over in Italy.

.. and they are uniquely positioned to both benefit from a "Stanley Park" stadium. Added to that Anfield is Everton's original ground anyway, which seems to get forgotten and support differs within the same families.

There was also talk of money from the council to do it as well.

I'd imagine there would be a bit of resistance to build one on Liverpool's most famous green space.

To be fair, I have family connections in that part of the world and most of the people I've spoken to aren't necessarily against it.

On the Man United front, I honestly don't believe there are going to be in any financial trouble long term. If the clubs get their own way and are available to negotiate their own television rights, Manchester United could get the same amount of money from a few games than they get for the entire season currently.

For the future competitiveness of that league, that's a frightening thought.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

We don't do ground shares here - fans don't like them. We like our "ends" and our territory

We may have to one day and that will be another nail in the Match day experience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here