Benitez sacked from Inter (apparently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's pretty much the same as Avram Grant achieved in a YEAR with Chelsea, thus by your reckoning he did as well/better than Rafa in that time.

I think those FACTS mean that Grant is FIVE times BETTER than Rafa-La, surely? Maybe more than that, when league positions are factored in as well...

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
how about mate ? that would be the usual way of addressing someone if you're from hove, unlike if you are , or wish you were from liverpool, then you might use lad.

Sorry to disappoint but as far as I know I we have never met, haven't formed a relationship, and therefore although having no dislike towards you, I wouldn't really class you as a mate. And I refer to a lot of people as lad, as do my mates (not from Liverpool).

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
That's pretty much the same as Avram Grant achieved in a YEAR with Chelsea, thus by your reckoning he did as well/better than Rafa in that time.

Yes he did, but with greater resources.

and if you wanna talk about Houliers team winning the CL then you can say the same about Mourinho's team after his departure

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes he did, but with greater resources.

and if you wanna talk about Houliers team winning the CL then you can say the same about Mourinho's team after his departure

How are the last team Mourinho left getting on, this season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely no one can disagree at least that Rafa has been shithouse this season and last, right? He seems to get into petty squabbles with owners far too easily, and players don't get on with him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
im not trying to over/undersell anyone. the FACTS state that Rafa is a successful manager AND is better than Hodgeson. This is due to the amount of trophies he has won. i imagine his game winning percentage is higher than hodgeson as well, but i cant be arsed to research that.

The stats show Rafa has had success and has had more success than Hodgson. Stats don't tell the whole story. Success can come from the failures of others, or illness (remember Spurs losing fourth place after 10 of their squad, including top scorer, were wiped out by food poisoning? stats show Arsenal won fourth place that year, because they did. Would they have without the food poisoning?)

Whether he is better is not quite so clear cut. For many people the impact of a great manager is felt more resoundingly throughout the club than just the trophy room. For others "it's a results game", and trophies are the be all and end all.

Gus is widely seen as one of our greatest managers already because he has got the team playing great football, is putting his stamp on the club with transitional squads, and playing the same way throughout the club. He's already been knocked out of two cups, struggled to beat non-league opposition in the third, and we have taken just 2 of our last 12 points. This hasn't changed his standing among fans as a great manager.

As mentioned previously transfer dealings, player relations, and so on play a big part in what makes a manager good or great. As does the style of football produced, general attitude, how the club improves. A trophy is a sign of fleeting on field success. Shouldn't a great manager be about more than on field success? What is Benitez's legacy to the club outside the trophy room?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely no one can disagree at least that Rafa has been shithouse this season and last, right? He seems to get into petty squabbles with owners far too easily, and players don't get on with him.

He was shown up tactically by Harry f***ing REDKNAPP. That's all I need to know.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
And I refer to a lot of people as lad, as do my mates (not from Liverpool).
So, as you move away from the bar , a acouple of pints in hand do you say to the bloke in your way a) excuse me lad, or b) excuse me mate ? or perhaps your lost and you need directions do you say to the nearest bloke a) excuse me lad or b) excuse me mate ? i think you get the general drift ................... la

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
The stats show Rafa has had success and has had more success than Hodgson. Stats don't tell the whole story. Success can come from the failures of others, or illness (remember Spurs losing fourth place after 10 of their squad, including top scorer, were wiped out by food poisoning? stats show Arsenal won fourth place that year, because they did. Would they have without the food poisoning?)

Whether he is better is not quite so clear cut. For many people the impact of a great manager is felt more resoundingly throughout the club than just the trophy room. For others "it's a results game", and trophies are the be all and end all.

Gus is widely seen as one of our greatest managers already because he has got the team playing great football, is putting his stamp on the club with transitional squads, and playing the same way throughout the club. He's already been knocked out of two cups, struggled to beat non-league opposition in the third, and we have taken just 2 of our last 12 points. This hasn't changed his standing among fans as a great manager.

As mentioned previously transfer dealings, player relations, and so on play a big part in what makes a manager good or great. As does the style of football produced, general attitude, how the club improves. A trophy is a sign of fleeting on field success. Shouldn't a great manager be about more than on field success? What is Benitez's legacy to the club outside the trophy room?

Roy has not achieved/ and probably wont achieve any of the highlighted points.

which doesnt suggest hhe has even achieved the unhighlighted points!

Last edited:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove

His teams have underperformed yes, but he is without a doubt a quality manager and his record shows that. He does seem to fall out with people, although many players have stated he turned them into better players and better professionals.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
So, as you move away from the bar , a acouple of pints in hand do you say to the bloke in your way a) excuse me lad, or b) excuse me mate ? or perhaps your lost and you need directions do you say to the nearest bloke a) excuse me lad or b) excuse me mate ? i think you get the general drift ................... la

I genuinely say lad, or a more simple "excuse me".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports