Benitez sacked from Inter (apparently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But he didn't see it as an acceptablle result and knew he and his had to improve, and would of done, IMHO.

But they had them all season and looked worse.

I dont think they would of, I dont think Hodgeson is the right manager for them but they were right to get rid.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I go roughly 2-3 times a season, whenever tickets come available

Yes its obvious, but its also obvious that Benitez was, and still is, a top quality manager. FACT

Must be difficult, especially on those (C) ITV 'Those great European nights' this season

Attachments

• Empty-seats-at-Anfield-001.jpg
    Empty-seats-at-Anfield-001.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 82

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who are you hoping for as manager after Hodgson, REALISTICALLY?

Remembering you are a midtable club. Hughton? Allardyce?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
But they had them all season and looked worse.

I dont think they would of, I dont think Hodgeson is the right manager for them but they were right to get rid.

To get rid, maybe thats up for debate, to get rid and get Hodgson in then no way was it right, Hodgson isn't anywhere, anywhere near as good as Rafa.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I think it is also convenient that this thread fails to state that Rafa isn't on the verge of sack at Inter due to results or the way the side is playing, but because of comments about the owner and his broken promises, as well as dedicating his recent trophy to Liverpool fans as well as Inter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mid table club? 7th one year, aww aren't you cute.

7th LAST YEAR, 9th this year. So yes, still (upper) midtable.

OK seriously though who do you think they can attract?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think it is also convenient that this thread fails to state that Rafa isn't on the verge of sack at Inter due to results or the way the side is playing, but because of comments about the owner and his broken promises, as well as dedicating his recent trophy to Liverpool fans as well as Inter.

Always an excuse with Rafa...

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
7th LAST YEAR, 9th this year. So yes, still (upper) midtable.

OK seriously though who do you think they can attract?

whoever they want, its Liverpool football club. Which is why it bermuses me why Hodgeson was appointed in the first place

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
whoever they want, its Liverpool football club. Which is why it bermuses me why Hodgeson was appointed in the first place

Aw I love it! Mourinho is at the gates of Anfield, BEGGING to be let in as we speak.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Aw I love it! Mourinho is at the gates of Anfield, BEGGING to be let in as we speak.

It is true to a point though, any available manager would be honoured to manager Liverpool, and anyone with any desire would love to be the man to get the great club back on tracks.

And for the record, Liverpool fans would NOT want Mourinho.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My desired would be Hiddink, Rijkaard, Rafa, Jol, or Dalglish.

Hiddink - unrealistic
Rijkaard - maybe
Rafa - wouldn't go back
Jol - good shout actually
Dalglish - only concern is he hasn't done anything of note for 15 years, would he be out of date with how the Prem works now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports