Benitez sacked from Inter (apparently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A long way from winning the title yes, since Roy was employed especially. But Roy has the belief that results that got him praise at Fulham are good enough at Liverpool, they are not, simple.

What did Liverpool expect with the dire squad he was given?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
are we talking about the same manager who broke the Barcelona and Real Madrid monopoly a few years ago by winning La Liga with Valencia?

You're proving our point mate.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
How many times have you seen Liverpool in your life out of interest? Aldo is actually having a decent debate here, you're trying to justify Liverpool being better than Brighton, which is a tad obvious isn't it.

I go roughly 2-3 times a season, whenever tickets come available

Yes its obvious, but its also obvious that Benitez was, and still is, a top quality manager. FACT

mayb because Aldo is sitting at home while im at work lolz

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Yes its obvious, but its also obvious that Benitez was, and still is, a top quality manager. FACT

Its not fact....

I guess we will see what he does on his next job.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
What did Liverpool expect with the dire squad he was given?

Positive mentality and attacking football, not "this was a good result" after losing 2-0 at Stoke, Hodgson is in no way good enough to manage Liverpool.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Inter were dominating Serie A til he turned up. He has somehow managed to turn that around. I'm sorry but you can't say that's the mark of a good manager.

He must've been a good manager once, but it's a few years ago now.

yeah, when he was at liverpool, but wasnt given the backing he deserved from a board who wanted to make a quick buck.

Again if he was our manager under NESV he would have been even more successful than he already was.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Fair enough.
I think Benitez has just cracked under the pressure he has been under since Istanbul. He had the perfect scapegoat for his reckless moves in the Yank owners, and he left into an equally high profile job with plenty of money in his pocket, as a hero. Shrewd move.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How about this one Fawksey?

When he hit on the EXCELLENT midfield combination of Masch, Alonso and Gerrard in midfield why didn't he do everything he could to keep that together?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Fair enough.
I think Benitez has just cracked under the pressure he has been under since Istanbul. He had the perfect scapegoat for his reckless moves in the Yank owners, and he left into an equally high profile job with plenty of money in his pocket, as a hero. Shrewd move.

I agree he crack, but IMO that down to the huge pressure of the owners, yes Rafa must take some blame for the decline, as must Parry, and even as far back as Souness, but the main culprits are Hicks and Gillet, simple as that. And Rafa loved Liverpool, he didn't want to leave and he certainly didn't want to just make money, the fact he donate £96,000 to the HFC which was a lovely symbol of what the club meant to him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The above linked shows that Rafa spent £18m MORE every season than he made in sales. Can everyone please finally accept that he spent a SHITLOAD of money?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove

When he hit on the EXCELLENT midfield combination of Masch, Alonso and Gerrard in midfield why didn't he do everything he could to keep that together?

He got £28 million out of player who was 100% made up he was going to leave, he couldn't keep him and managed to get that amount out of him, good business in a bad situation.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Fair enough.

granted it didnt help him winning the CL in his first season, but you cant deny he didnt deserve to win it in his reign. Mayb it would have been better to win the 2007 final, who knows?!

all im trying to say is Rafa is a superior manager to Roy and Liverpool have taken a step back by hiring Roy. as an earlier post said, i hope its just a 'stop-gap' until someone better becomes available in the summer.

besides i believe Hodgeson was appointed by Hicks and Gillette anyway, mayb, cant remember

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He got £28 million out of player who was 100% made up he was going to leave, he couldn't keep him and managed to get that amount out of him, good business in a bad situation.

And why would he suddenly want to leave when he was onto such a good thing at Liverpool?....Hmm....

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
granted it didnt help him winning the CL in his first season, but you cant deny he didnt deserve to win it in his reign. Mayb it would have been better to win the 2007 final, who knows?!

all im trying to say is Rafa is a superior manager to Roy and Liverpool have taken a step back by hiring Roy. as an earlier post said, i hope its just a 'stop-gap' until someone better becomes available in the summer.

besides i believe Hodgeson was appointed by Hicks and Gillette anyway, mayb, cant remember

The fact he was hired by H&G and he is stop gap just proves the point that he shouldn't be given time, he will be gone by next season, get rid of him now. And I agree, if it was for Rafa, I would be chuffed.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009

Persuiting Barry in the way he did was a mistake. Which affected Alonso's morale and led to his departure.

Macsherano threw his toys out of the pram by going on strike because we DIDNT WANT TO SELL HIM so we were left with no other option to cash in.

Gerrard, well he is still here, for the time being at least

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Persuiting Barry in the way he did was a mistake. Which affected Alonso's morale and led to his departure.

Macsherano threw his toys out of the pram by going on strike because we DIDNT WANT TO SELL HIM so we were left with no other option to cash in.

Gerrard, well he is still here, for the time being at least

He also later stated the lack of investment made him leave, thats from inside the club, and not from Rafa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports