Benitez sacked from Inter (apparently)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Well, it is not much of a glory hunt! :jester:

I was merely curious as to how you can write off Hodgson if attendance is limited.

Fair enough, but I get to as many games as possible, and the amount of coverage of football now a days lets be honest it isn't hard, and in terms of writing off Hodgson, he hasn't won anything in 35 years of management, and his attitude is as if he is still managing Fulham, that's enough for me.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Losing to Norhampton, Blackpool, Everton, Newcastle

Draws with teams like Wigan

Won something stupid like 1 away games in 26 or something

Never won a trophey

Appointed because he LOST the final of Europa League

Not correct to say he hasn't won a trophy. He won domestic honours in both Sweden and Denmark, including both league and title. Granted these honours aren't highly regarded, but to say he hasn't won anything is just plain incorrect.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
He spent a fair bit more than Fergie over the last 4 years, yet delivered less. It's just logic that that is BAD, no?

It's logical as Fergie is the best manager the country has seen for decades.

(I feel sick)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fair enough, but I get to as many games as possible, and the amount of coverage of football now a days lets be honest it isn't hard, and in terms of writing off Hodgson, he hasn't won anything in 35 years of management, and his attitude is as if he is still managing Fulham, that's enough for me.

I don't understant your last point. Why should his attitude change?

The fact that he has found regular employment as a football manager should count for something. He has won trophies.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
Not correct to say he hasn't won a trophy. He won domestic honours in both Sweden and Denmark, including both league and title. Granted these honours aren't highly regarded, but to say he hasn't won anything is just plain incorrect.

Sweden and Denmark, says it all

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He is rubbish.

Utterly rubbish.

Bale scores a Hattrick against them and instead of doubling up on him they give him the freedom of WHL 2 weeks later.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove

Never won a major honour, simple.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I don't understant your last point. Why should his attitude change?

The fact that he has found regular employment as a football manager should count for something. He has won trophies.

Because results and performance acceptable at Fulham, are not the same as acceptable at Liverpool.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Italy: Super Cup, World Club Cup.

"These are facts, no?"

You can't surely be using his winning the Italian equivalent of the Charity Shield and beating an asian side and a congolese side at Inter as a yardstick of his being a world class manager? Especially when he lost the European Super Cup to the mighty Atletico Madrid.

Most Inter fans had a lot of goodwill towards him for his part in the humiliation of Milan in Istanbul but he's used that all up already. Must have been a good manager once but certainly not now.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
You can't surely be using his winning the Italian equivalent of the Charity Shield and beating an asian side and a congolese side at Inter as a yardstick of his being a world class manager? Especially when he lost the European Super Cup to the mighty Atletico Madrid.

Most Inter fans had a lot of goodwill towards him for his part in the humiliation of Milan in Istanbul but he's used that all up already. Must have been a good manager once but certainly not now.

So people go from good player/manager to bad over night? Wow your footballing knowledge must be amazing.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
May have not have been acceptable a couple of seasons ago, Liverpool are on the decline and a long way from winning the league.

A long way from winning the title yes, since Roy was employed especially. But Roy has the belief that results that got him praise at Fulham are good enough at Liverpool, they are not, simple.

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009

are we talking about the same manager who broke the Barcelona and Real Madrid monopoly a few years ago by winning La Liga with Valencia?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Inter were dominating Serie A til he turned up. He has somehow managed to turn that around. I'm sorry but you can't say that's the mark of a good manager.

He must've been a good manager once, but it's a few years ago now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports