Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benitez for McClaren

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Palace coming down would obviously be hiliarious - but more importantly we aren't promoted yet, and I'd fancy Newcastle to do a better job than them at bouncing straight back up.

Actually, if they're sensible over the summer then I'd fancy Villa, Newcastle & Sunderland to be in a three-way scrap for the top two spots - which doesn't leave one for us (if we're still in the Championship).

Palace/Norwich on the other hand I would guess might be there or thereabouts in the top 6 but not running away with anything.

Exactly. If we don't go up this season it will definitely be harder next year if Newcastle and Sunderland come down. They will throw whatever is required to get back up. I'd like to see both survive as I don't fancy them being in the Championship with us next season as I do think we 'll still be a Champiionship club.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It just amazes me that no matter how badly a football manager does and gets the sack, they still get offered another top job elsewhere.

Can you ever imagine big business doing the same thing.

Oh we'll have this bloke running our major international company, after all he's right royally screwed up two other big companies, what could go wrong.
This does actually happen in business quite a lot. Do you recall Adam Crozier being in charge of the FA when they gave Sven a contract so massive that they couldn't afford to sack him (amongst other terrible decisions).

He walked straight out of that feck up into the top job at Royal Mail.....

There are loads of other examples but that one always sticks in my mind because it was so "what?!".

Anyway, do you mean Rafa or Schteeve because the former is an excellent football manager and the latter is a CLOWN?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Benitez takes the job then I'd assume it would just be an interim appointment till the end of the season, with a maHOOsive bonus if he keeps them up.

If they go down, I really cannot see Benitez hanging around for trips to Burton and Rovrum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here