Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Benidorm Live - Theatre Royal

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I went last night, having never watched the TV show, as my wife is a fan of the show. What a great evening.Very funny with loads of double entendres.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Wish I had bagged myself tickets.

The last series was the best in a few years. It has been lacking since the Garveys left and they were replaced by the Dawsons who are pretty naff apart from the grandad - who has sadly since passed away.

Hands up it's silly/low brow etc - but there if you are about to go on holiday it's a great way to build up excitement. I will add that having been to Benidorm - it really is like that.. Amazing place.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Went last night. Brilliant show with loads of laughs. Rubbish venue. Cramped seats, victorian toilets and ice creams at £4 each with no price showing so beware.

On the plus side, no frisking and you can take flasks and bottle tops in. PB please note with all these security 'lapses' the entire audience survived.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
For me Benidorm is one of the most underrated British comedies of the past decade, up there with Mrs Browns Boys, Birds of a Feather and My Family as one of the funniest to come out of this country since the millennium.

That it's selling out arenas across the land leaving people belly laughing from Lyme Regis to Llandudno is no surprise at all.

Jul 7, 2003
Went last night. Brilliant show with loads of laughs. Rubbish venue. Cramped seats, victorian toilets and ice creams at £4 each with no price showing so beware.

On the plus side, no frisking and you can take flasks and bottle tops in. PB please note with all these security 'lapses' the entire audience survived.

Theatre Royal is hit and miss with seats - you get to know where best to sit and the most expensive seats are not always the best. As for ice creams, never understood why people buy stuff in the theatre when there is a Tesco Express less than two minutes away.

The show was great and I thought the set design was very well done. Cast all worked well and the TV stars all came across well. Kenneth did seem to have problems corpsing a few times - not least when Gay Derek had an unscripted wardrobe malfunction. Liam kept to character throughout - even in the numbers at the end. Undisputed star though had to be Jacqueline the Swinger. Janine Duvitski seems to have a ball playing the character, delivering her lines with such a mischievous grin and showing great energy for lady in her mid-sixties.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Brilliant night, a summer camp pantomime with great comic timing, and the actors obviously having fun.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
For me Benidorm is one of the most underrated British comedies of the past decade, up there with Mrs Browns Boys, Birds of a Feather and My Family as one of the funniest to come out of this country since the millennium.

That it's selling out arenas across the land leaving people belly laughing from Lyme Regis to Llandudno is no surprise at all.

I agree. I live in total fear of a 'Birds of a Feather' play coming out, having to go and laughing so much I pi** and sh*t myself at the same time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here