Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benetts Field Parking Row Resolved

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Someone told you what figure Creaky was imagining the club paid?

He knows the equation I used to work it out!

fig1.gif

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Looks like new access roads to and from Benetts field so I will be paying to park there, the club knows its not suitable as it is, I think there will be a new way out, enabling easier/safer exiting after the game

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it means I can get back into the Uni then I'm very happy.

You can stick the Bridge car park.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Looks like new access roads to and from Benetts field so I will be paying to park there, the club knows its not suitable as it is, I think there will be a new way out, enabling easier/safer exiting after the game

It will be interesting where that will come out, as if it feeds directly on to Woodingdean road, then I can see that causing even worse tailbacks as it affects not only those coming out of village way, but also those coming down Woodingdean road. What about people wanting to turn right out of the bennetts field car park from a slip road? I assume they will come out , turn left and spin around the roundabout?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mr Bennett is an extremely wealthy man, he really doesn't rely on the income from Bennetts field in any way. From what I understand, he dug his heels in after the clubs lawyers started dictating to him what they were going to pay.

Good on him.

I would not be vaguely surprised if the club tried to bully him

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mr Bennett is an extremely wealthy man, he really doesn't rely on the income from Bennetts field in any way. From what I understand, he dug his heels in after the clubs lawyers started dictating to him what they were going to pay.

Good on him.

That's an interesting version of events. The version I have is that the land owner thought he had the club over a barrel and put the price up by c300%. He was then somewhat surprised when the club said "no thanks" and walked away.

I do not know what the final resolution has been but as the club seem to have got on fine without it, my money would be on the poker player winning this one.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It will be interesting where that will come out, as if it feeds directly on to Woodingdean road, then I can see that causing even worse tailbacks as it affects not only those coming out of village way, but also those coming down Woodingdean road. What about people wanting to turn right out of the bennetts field car park from a slip road? I assume they will come out , turn left and spin around the roundabout?
I know nothing, but I would assume there will be no right turn.
What ever they do it has to be an improvement on the current situation, having said that though, I parked in Benetts Field for the last home game and was back in Crawley by 6.45.

That's an interesting version of events. The version I have is that the land owner thought he had the club over a barrel and put the price up by c300%. He was then somewhat surprised when the club said "no thanks" and walked away.

I do not know what the final resolution has been but as the club seem to have got on fine without it, my money would be on the poker player winning this one.

Well, I'm just relaying what somebody told me who works for the club and gives the impression he's ITK.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think we even need it. It has been much much better without people parking there this season. Why should the lazy ruin it for the rest of us!?

Should just be for the elderly and disabled. No need for anyone else to use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here