Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I try and just laugh off your contributions but that one's a real whopper. A disgrace to the country? Wow. Doesn't take much to disgrace our country these days!

If he felt disrespected by the coaches then he did the right thing in walking. Nobody has to put up with that type of situation in their workplace and everyone has the option of getting out of there. Obviously it's easier in this context because there's no real loss to him, other than the opportunity to be on the bench and watch Maguire start every game, but as a point of principle I've got great respect for him for getting out of there.
It’s very hard to say without seeing the context though isn’t it? Maybe what Holland said/did was disrespectful, maybe it was totally reasonable.

Can’t really “take sides” without knowing?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s very hard to say without seeing the context though isn’t it? Maybe what Holland said/did was disrespectful, maybe it was totally reasonable.

Can’t really “take sides” without knowing?
Whatever happened it seems to have been dealt with professionally from both sides.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
IMG_3424.jpeg

Skunk Pussies the lot of em

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I try and just laugh off your contributions but that one's a real whopper. A disgrace to the country? Wow. Doesn't take much to disgrace our country these days!

If he felt disrespected by the coaches then he did the right thing in walking. Nobody has to put up with that type of situation in their workplace and everyone has the option of getting out of there. Obviously it's easier in this context because there's no real loss to him, other than the opportunity to be on the bench and watch Maguire start every game, but as a point of principle I've got great respect for him for getting out of there.
Was meant to say ‘in footballing terms’ which I think is clear - read the whole thing? If you’re selected to play for your national side you don’t refuse to do basic things like that which is disgraceful and totally arrogant. What are you in about respect for him - to not do as asked and watch the next opponents? That’s a whopper. Wow.

Try to laugh off my contributions?! Pls explain…

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Odd that the England squad / management couldn't handle him but the goons at Leeds did so, loved him and he performed brilliantly there. Also not doing too bad with the Arsenal. (He does look like he should be in Scooby Doo though).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Odd that the England squad / management couldn't handle him but the goons at Leeds did so, loved him and he performed brilliantly there. Also not doing too bad with the Arsenal. (He does look like he should be in Scooby Doo though).
He’s a strange one. Bit of an oddball too. Great on the ball, poor defender. Pleased with the huge money we got for him. Certainly not an overlapping fullback like Pervis style so not sure where he’d have fitted in under RDZ.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Interesting tattoos on his hands o_O

Attachments

• IMG_20231026_001733.jpg
    IMG_20231026_001733.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 84

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Totally random. He spends silly money on having his Rolls cleaned!
Silly money is relative.

I’m guessing that £650 is around 0.01% of his annual salary.

I imagine that 0.01% of annual salary equates to around £5-£10 for most on NSC.

I doubt he gives it a second thought.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
This is complete speculation and alleged.

Apparently he didn't want to hang out with the rest of the team after training, etc. When the assistant coach called him out on it he explained that he's an introvert and prefers his own company than spending it with others.

He was told that he should be watching the oppositions previous games, etc instead of playing FIFA in his hotel room. He was then asked questions about upcoming opponents players, etc after they'd played the previous day and he's alleged to have said that he didn't watch the game.

This led to a big bust up and him leaving the camp and flying home.

I'm fairness to him he does come across as quite quiet and fair play to him if he's honest and prefers his own company or a smaller circle of friends. It's like being at work and being the person who always declines going out after work, work parties, etc. You can't force someone to be something that there not. He should be judged solely on his talent, which is a massive loss for the National team.

Disclaimer - all of the above is of course rumour and conjecture and has no basis on fact or otherwise. If Mr Whites legal representative's happen to read this, I personally love Benjamin and his wacky hairstyles x
I'm not sure the staff at a relatively new trendy establishment on Hove seafront would agree with this having had to deal with him and his entourage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here