Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My SAUCE in Bludville says he can TERMITE his contract when Arsenal are officially SHITE

So I think this story has LEGGS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course this could be the sweetener for taking Bis I.e Bis one way and white for a year ( and 50 mill in the bank as well as 40 mill for Bis)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I think most of us suspected Arsenal fans might fairly quickly turn on Ben once it became apparent he isn’t remotely what they need. But to do it after he’s played ONE game for them makes it pretty hilarious.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The fans will get to him along with the play there and in 2 years he'll move to Leeds for about 15M on high Arsenal wages having never gotten back in the England squad (unless there's like a 35 man one selected in which case he might be worth a look as a different type of option). Webster and Dunk both currently have more chance although he would have if stayed here and played or went to a true current powerhouse as first defender off the bench during busy schedule.

He suited us and would have suited various clubs out of his league like Citeh and Liverpool, or clubs that are above us but likely not by enough to be worth gambling on leaving for anything other than wages like Villa alongside Mings and Konsa. Should have asked for a big raise from Tony and longer deal and stuck around as a part of a unit.

Arsenal are such an odd situation currently and amazed he agreed to go. Like him as a player but think we robbed them, especially if meant we got to keep Biss.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course this could be the sweetener for taking Bis I.e Bis one way and white for a year ( and 50 mill in the bank as well as 40 mill for Bis)

This whole rumour is just a silly joke, but ignoring that - a loan back to Brighton is literally impossible. It’s against PL rules to sign a player from another PL club and loan them back in the same window.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Arsenal are such an odd situation currently and amazed he agreed to go.

Completely agree.

Fine, he wanted to move on, thanks and goodbye.

But if I was him, I’d rather have gone elsewhere or held out for longer than jump at Arsenal.

Smacks of his agent chasing the cash and nothing else.

Arsenal are a mess compared to most of the other big clubs around, and he’s at risk of compromising his progression - which has been textbook so far - by being mired in that shambles. And it wasn’t like this was exactly unexpected either.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Completely agree.

Fine, he wanted to move on, thanks and goodbye.

But if I was him, I’d rather have gone elsewhere or held out for longer than jump at Arsenal.

Smacks of his agent chasing the cash and nothing else.

Arsenal are a mess compared to most of the other big clubs around, and he’s at risk of compromising his progression - which has been textbook so far - by being mired in that shambles. And it wasn’t like this was exactly unexpected either.

I still maintain Arsenal will be a different side if they can find the right centre back to play alongside White. They've Norwich and Burnley coming up, then home to Spurs. I wouldn't put my mortgage on them winning all three if they sort out that centre back problem soon, and they would be in a very different place in one month's time. Nine points from 6 games would see them 7th, 8th or 9th, and looking upwards.

It's a long season, and why it's important to laugh at them while we have the chance.

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
Dropped from England squad. Should he have stayed at a club whose system suited his attributes better?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Dropped from England squad. Should he have stayed at a club whose system suited his attributes better?

I think it’s more about playing at a club with less pressure where mistakes are understood and you have room to develop. Joining arsenal for such a high fee and a toxic fan base who need little reason to get on your back and he has a real challenge on his hands. He is clearly a confident and talented lad but it’s going to be a bumpy ride for him at arsenal I feel.

I would be amazed if we are not targeting him on set pieces on Saturday which could be interesting. Duffy rising about him and nodding one in is likely to spark off the arsenal fans!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No chance. He might get out muscled by Dunk or Duffy at a corner, but that's a whole lot different from 'folding'. Anyone who, while still scarcely more than a kid, can do Adam El Abd in a 50/50 and trot away quite happily with the ball ain't going to 'fold' easily.
Hope he plays a stormer, single handedly keeping the Albion at bay until a late 25 yard rocket from Moder or Mac Allister wins the day!

mcshane header

Top Cat
Sep 4, 2009
YabbaDabbaDeen
I still maintain Arsenal will be a different side if they can find the right centre back to play alongside White. They've Norwich and Burnley coming up, then home to Spurs. I wouldn't put my mortgage on them winning all three if they sort out that centre back problem soon, and they would be in a very different place in one month's time. Nine points from 6 games would see them 7th, 8th or 9th, and looking upwards.

It's a long season, and why it's important to laugh at them while we have the chance.

Blimey, can I get a use of your crystal ball for Saturdays lottery numbers:wozza::D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We’ll see what Ben is made of Saturday. I think he folds under the pressure.

Interesting.....why do you think this?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Arteta played Partey and Xhaka in front of the back four against Spurs, which seemed to work really well. Obvs Xhaka is now injured, so it may just be Partey, with a slightly different formation. Either way, Ben White is part of a pretty decent team with a lot of very skilful young players. A bit like last season!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here