[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to a Leeds podcast host (Phil Kay - no me neither) White has turned down two five year contract offers from us.

Something about that was posted in the deluded leeds thread:

[tweet]1291684806196068352[/tweet]

All coming from the Phil Hay podcast where he doesn't actually say anything of the sort. Hay doesn't even mention a 5 year deal, he does say he understands Ben hasn't taken any offers we've made him yet, but then he fails to mention that is common in most negotiations, you don't often take the first offer on a house you are selling.

He certainly doesn't say that White wants to join Leeds, he says he might want to, well I might want to take Kate Beckinsale out for dinner tonight, but it doesn't mean its going to happen. He does say if we value Ben White at £30 million then we need to offer him a contract that reflects that, which is ****ing obvious to anyone with a clue about football, so it's no wonder these idiots don't get it.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Something about that was posted in the deluded leeds thread:

As usual people put 2 and 2 together and get 5. He is contracted to us for at least 2 more years. If he so chooses not to sign a new deal he still returns to us on less money than if he signed a new deal. The club hold all of the cards, as if they dont want to sell him (as like Dunk etc previously) he wont be sold. If Leeds decide to stump up 40 million then maybe we might sell... However unless I'm missing something Leeds haven't made an offer, so the rest as they say means nothing...

In fairness, if we got 40 odd mill for an academy player which meant we kept Dunk etc, and put money into developing squad I cant see that as a bad thing as long as it was to a club like Liverpool etc.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
As usual people put 2 and 2 together and get 5. He is contracted to us for at least 2 more years. If he so chooses not to sign a new deal he still returns to us on less money than if he signed a new deal. The club hold all of the cards, as if they dont want to sell him (as like Dunk etc previously) he wont be sold. If Leeds decide to stump up 40 million then maybe we might sell... However unless I'm missing something Leeds haven't made an offer, so the rest as they say means nothing...

In fairness, if we got 40 odd mill for an academy player which meant we kept Dunk etc, and put money into developing squad I cant see that as a bad thing as long as it was to a club like Liverpool etc.[/QUOTE]

This......

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

In fairness, if we got 40 odd mill for an academy player which meant we kept Dunk etc, and put money into developing squad I cant see that as a bad thing as long as it was to a club like Liverpool etc.

Just listened to it, no mention of 5 year deal, no mention of anything really. Basically as we already know, he is our player, our decision, could be complicated, we need to give him contract to reflect his status etc etc.. Interestingly Leeds are desperate and as we know, why would you strengthen a potential relegation rival?? Newcastle refused to play ball with us re Mitrovic for that exact reason..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
According to a Leeds podcast host (Phil Kay - no me neither) White has turned down two five year contract offers from us.

It’s probably Phil Hay who is the Athletics Leeds correspondent , ex Yorkshire evening post and well placed to know.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It’s probably Phil Hay who is the Athletics Leeds correspondent , ex Yorkshire evening post and well placed to know.
Is he well placed to know ?

He claimed Ben White was a lonesome ranger Billy no mates at the Albion, not knowing anyone in the dressing room.

Hay lost all credibility with that fantasy.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ben White

Thanks for pointing out my typo.

In my head he strikes me as a Chris Moyles type know it all without any actual inside info. Hope that’s not just some wild fantasy I dreamt up.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Strange that we've not heard anything of substance from leeds about him. Obviously their fans want him but it's the same as a six year old girl wanting a pony for Christmas

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I understand that, on top of his contract to 2022, written into it is an option to extend for a further year. If so, we're in an even more favourable position than you rightfully depict.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Surely they need to sort out bucket mans contract before they worry about players...what’s holding that up...his holiday ...haggling over how much he has to spend?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It’s not just that. With any team it’s difficult to know exactly how important each player is, until they are not there. How important was Ben to that team ? Leeds don't want to find out.

You can get 4/1 for them to be relegated from a few bookies.
From what I can gather, their four best players last season were: White (going back to his home club); Phillips (granted, good player, important for them, will do well in the PL); Hernandez (their creative force, with PL experience, but he's 35); and, step forward, Patrick Bamford (remind me how well he's got on in the PL; PS he's their only striker).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Alzate & Connolly have signed four year contracts in the last few days. Why would White be offered a five year contract when he’s already got two years, probably three years left with us.
I could understand a four year contract on the table, but five?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
White is in demand so it would be a bit unusual if him and his agent were not using that situation to enhance any offer on the table by the club. It’s going to be a tough negotiation as the club hold all the cards given he still has up to 3 years left on current deal.

Am sure they will settle on some middle ground but given he has an existing contract I would think the club are pretty relaxed about how long it takes to agree something

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
White is in demand so it would be a bit unusual if him and his agent were not using that situation to enhance any offer on the table by the club. It’s going to be a tough negotiation as the club hold all the cards given he still has up to 3 years left on current deal.

Am sure they will settle on some middle ground but given he has an existing contract I would think the club are pretty relaxed about how long it takes to agree something

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports