[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Just to keep things in perspective, Birmingham's 17 yr old Jude Bellingham has just signed for Borussia Dortmund for £22.75 million. He has only just signed a full professional contract with the Blues to allow Birmingham to be rewarded for their help in developing him.

If a club in Brighton's position did want to sell Ben White the bidding would start at least at £30m with add-ons for International appearances and Sell-on fees included.
How wonderful it is to have the Three Wise Monkeys of Bloom, Barber and Ashcroft as our brains trust.

I admire the Leeds fans enthusiasm and their belief, and I look forward to seeing how Señor Bielsa measures up with GP.
It's a great time to be a Brighton fan and I'm loving the ride.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
One of them said that they'll be able to buy him as PSG owners are investing. Interestingly this has been rumbling on forever and they are looking at others as well. I said any investment would be in the future not now if at all. All the talks were before Covid lock down so who knows. Funnily enough he didn't like that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't know why everyone's getting so wound up by this. I really can't see us selling him, given he is a ball playing centre back and has been one of the best players in the Championship this year, especially given Potter's recent comments about really rating him. But if we do, I would wager it will be for silly money, so we can improve the squad elsewhere, and not to Leeds

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Five at the back next season? :O

Tariq Lamptey
Adam Webster
Ben White
Lewis Dunk
Burn/New LB?

Thought we looked stronger in the first half playing

I could see a place for March at LWB at he had more drive going forward than Bernardo and Burn.

I would see burn being rotated in Central Defence and Bernardo rotated with March, I don’t think we will be strengthening In the left wing back area this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't know why everyone's getting so wound up by this. I really can't see us selling him, given he is a ball playing centre back and has been one of the best players in the Championship this year, especially given Potter's recent comments about really rating him. But if we do, I would wager it will be for silly money, so we can improve the squad elsewhere, and not to Leeds

We’re not.. you’re repeating what most of us have already said. (See the thread?)

There’s just a few characters here who think we’ll sell him for 20 odd million to a rival, for no particular reason.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Wound up? The vast majority of us are laughing at them.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
---------------- Ryan

Lamptey Webster Dunk White Burn

-------- Alzate Bissouma

--- Mooy Maupay Trossard.

I've seen worse Albion starting XI's as the squad heads into a transfer window.

Gross
Jocko
Connolly
Propper
Monty
Obvious player I've forgotten
Walton
Bernie.

swap m&m and replace mooy with the player you've forgotten, the £30M pacy, big lump we've never heard of :cool:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But with one years Premier League experience Webster is beginning to look like a bit of bargain.

Begging the obvious question:-

Why sell White now and not in 12 months time.?

Sold for £30m - a tidy profit.
Or
Plays out a season and sold for £60m - a tidy profit.
Or
Fails to gain a regular start and sold for £10m - a tidy profit.

With option 2 adding a considerable overall profit to the team, as it's hard to imagine a back 3 of Webster, Dunk and White playing in a team with more than half an eye on relegation.

Yes, it makes sense to keep hold. I can't see a bid of £30m coming in anyway. It would put him in the top five most expensive English defensive signings of all time- and that without top flight experience. If Leeds United are foolish enough to try then fine. But I'm pretty sure he's starting here in September.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
He isn’t going anywhere

2882E3ED-223C-4E23-82D1-3B0192E05427.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports