Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Twitter isn't completely representative I know, but they must have some of the stupidest fans going. Thick as sh1t up there.

In my experience of football fan Twitter (and to massively stereotype for a minute), most clubs fans tend to boil down to one of the following;

Delusional (e.g. Arsenal, Massive)
Bitter (e.g. Palace, any of the big 6 clubs we've just taken points off)
General twats (e.g. Chelsea, Burnley, West Ham)

Some manage to avoid being in any of them (Southampton, for example, seem OK). Leeds however seem to manage to occupy all three simultaneously. Which is some going.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Leeds fans, August 2019 - 'Who's this kid that's supposed to be replacing Pontius? Never heard of him. We're in trouble'.
Leeds fans, September 2019 - July 2020 - 'Ben White for England! He's the greatest centre half in the country. He'll storm the Premier League.'
Brighton - 'He's only on loan to you, you know?'
Leeds fans - 'But we're Leeds!'
Brighton - 'He's contracted to us.'
Brighton - 'He signed a contract extension before we loaned him to you.'
Leeds fans - 'He'll be with us. We're Leeds!,
Brighton - 'He is rated at £20m+'
Leeds fans - Player power will see him forcing a move to Leeds. We're Leeds'
Brighton - 'Liverpool are interested'
Leeds fans - 'We're.... Leeds? Oh, I know. Liverpool will buy him and lend him to us.'
Brighton - 'Why would they do that?'
Leeds fans - 'Because we're Leeds'
Brighton - 'I think that we've established that you're Leeds. What effect does that fact have on this situation?'
Leeds fans - 'We're Leeds.'
Brighton - 'Congratulations to Ben on the promotion. Looking forward to him rejoining us for the new season.'
Leeds fans - 'He won't leave. We're Leeds.'
Cut to Ben White starting for Brighton at Elland Road:
Leeds fans - 'Boo! We hate the player who helped us get promoted!'
Brighton - 'Why would you feel that way?'
Don't suppose you want to work together on a really sub par sitcom by any chance? [emoji1787]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Marcelo Bielsa what has he done to get all this crap written about him. He has not won much and seems to disappear as soon as he get places. May be a good coach but you'd think he was the best in the world he's not.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Leeds fans, August 2019 - 'Who's this kid that's supposed to be replacing Pontius? Never heard of him. We're in trouble'.
Leeds fans, September 2019 - July 2020 - 'Ben White for England! He's the greatest centre half in the country. He'll storm the Premier League.'
Brighton - 'He's only on loan to you, you know?'
Brighton - 'He's contracted to us.'
Brighton - 'He signed a contract extension before we loaned him to you.'
Leeds fans - 'He'll be with us. We're Leeds!,
Brighton - 'He is rated at £20m+'
Leeds fans - Player power will see him forcing a move to Leeds. We're Leeds'
Brighton - 'Liverpool are interested'
Leeds fans - 'We're.... Leeds? Oh, I know. Liverpool will buy him and lend him to us.'
Brighton - 'Why would they do that?'
Leeds fans - 'Because we're Leeds'
Brighton - 'I think that we've established that you're Leeds. What effect does that fact have on this situation?'
Brighton - 'Congratulations to Ben on the promotion. Looking forward to him rejoining us for the new season.'
Leeds fans - 'He won't leave. We're Leeds.'
Cut to Ben White starting for Brighton at Elland Road:
Leeds fans - 'Boo! We hate the player who helped us get promoted!'
Brighton - 'Why would you feel that way?'

That’s brilliant :D:rotlf:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Time to roll over on this one.
Leeds fans have spoken and it’s a given that White wants to stay at Leeds over us - why wouldn’t he?
Plus I can’t see Potter being interested in a young, highly-rated ball-playing centre half, anyway.
We should humbly accept whatever they offer.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Mr and Mrs use the same username so at any one time, it could be him or her.
Having said that, they have different styles and I don't think Mrs Starry has posted for quite a long time.
aye it's me paddy.

the mrs hasn't been on here for years, this place is very much associated with Anastasia and her death for her and she finds it hard.
(14 years since then, i know organ donation laws have changed a bit in england now but i hope you're all doing the right thing) she'd be grown, have maybe gone to uni, got a driving license, had an opinion on ben white and most of all finally got to see us back in the premier league!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Hmmm ... I would always choose Brighton over Leeds but I am a lifelong fan. Don't imagine Ben White grew up supporting the Albion in Poole.
If I was at Bournemouth/Southampton and had the chance to start in the Premier League for Leeds, with Marcelo Bielsa in charge, adored by the crowd, or warm the bench at anywhere other than Brighton, it would be a simple decision. :wink:

But your parent club has developed you and PAID YOU for six years, for as yet, no return. Surely you would feel you have something to prove and pay back? In any case, depending on his outlook, Tony could quite easily enforce the contract and have a wantaway player training with the u23s for the rest of their contract. I’m sure Ben isn’t going to demand to move when he’s not even come back and talked to the club about the coming season.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Sincerely hope Ben plays I bc the PL next season and does well, wherever he happens to be.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Leeds fans are planning White's future move if he don't sign for them.

To summarise:.

He was nothing before he went to Leeds.
He will go to Man city or Liverpool as a starter not just on the bench.
He will be in the England team next season.

This is all because Belisa as made him and Brighton have not recognised his potential.

Delusions of grandeur.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Their arrogance is astounding. They literally have no power in the situation, and yes they're a big club, but we're about to enter our 4th prem season when they've not been up here for 16 years. Not a chance he goes Leeds, either we keep him and he starts for us next year (most likely outcome) or he's sold for an astronomical fee to a top 4 side. A serious reality check needed up there.

I think Leeds' public approach to acquiring his signature has been disrepectful, and yes, arrogant.

Continual discussion on their forums and in their (understandably) partisan press has shown how little regard they have for the original loan deal i.e. a full season without the possibility of buying. Obviously he has been well trained (as he would have been if he was in the first team at Brighton), performed exceptionally, and Leeds have been promoted partly as a result of his contribution.

Job done and there should be at least some credit to the Albion for ensuring the deal was honoured fully, even after the season was suspended.

Appreciation to the loaning club? Not a bit of it.... just constant comment about the need to sign him permanently, fear that a Champions League Club may trump their offer... or the occasional grudging acceptance that he may be contractually obliged to play for our club.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
aye it's me paddy.

the mrs hasn't been on here for years, this place is very much associated with Anastasia and her death for her and she finds it hard.
(14 years since then, i know organ donation laws have changed a bit in england now but i hope you're all doing the right thing) she'd be grown, have maybe gone to uni, got a driving license, had an opinion on ben white and most of all finally got to see us back in the premier league!

Please give her our best wishes.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Hmmm ... I would always choose Brighton over Leeds but I am a lifelong fan. Don't imagine Ben White grew up supporting the Albion in Poole.
If I was at Bournemouth/Southampton and had the chance to start in the Premier League for Leeds, with Marcelo Bielsa in charge, adored by the crowd, or warm the bench at anywhere other than Brighton, it would be a simple decision. :wink:

Palace or just terminally insensitive?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If White is more interested in staying with us he would not have been doing this. Yes he's signed a contract but it means nothing if enough money is offered -

https://twitter.com/BRANDNLUFC/status/1284244685142331392?s=20

You seem determined to believe wishful thinking Leeds fans than our own club.

Dale Stephens put in a transfer request three years ago, and Lewis Dunk allegedly refused to play away to Fulham but they're both still here, despite money being offered.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

If White is more interested in staying with us he would not have been doing this. Yes he's signed a contract but it means nothing if enough money is offered -

Of course he would? This has little significance.

He’s just completed a gruelling season, and achieved promotion. He’s no doubt made some mates there, of course he’s going to celebrate? So he should. Means nothing.

Have you ever left a job to go elsewhere? You have a night out with your co workers, some drinks say goodbye. Slightly different situation but fundamentally the same.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of course he would? This has little significance.

He’s just completed a gruelling season, and achieved promotion. He’s no doubt made some mates there, of course he’s going to celebrate? So he should. Means nothing.

Have you ever left a job to go elsewhere? You have a night out with your co workers, some drinks say goodbye. Slightly different situation but fundamentally the same.

We has players being passed over heads in a train pissed up with the fans. They knew they'd never play for us in the Premier League, didn't stop them celebrating

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

He's entitled to enjoy this moment after a hard season.

However...the clue is in the Club's tweet: BHA is White's employer and he will now go into our first team squad. If BHA subsequently decide to accept an offer then there is no guarantee it would be from Leeds... :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Don't suppose you want to work together on a really sub par sitcom by any chance? [emoji1787]

I'm hoping that, before next season starts, Bielsa moves on allowing them to write the sitcom themselves, in 38 episodes.

I've nothing particularly against Leeds as a club, but some of their fans are so wrapped up in the 'Everything about Yorkshire is the best in world' stereotype that they just don't see how they look to the rest of us. They are a biggish club because, unlike most of the largest cities in Northern England, they have only one team. They were successful in the seventies and a little of the nineties, but for the rest of their existence they have been mediocre. They were founded ten years after us and have spent half of their existence outside of the top flight, less seasons than any team representing a large city in the north of England, yet using Yorkshire's largest export, misplaced arrogance, some of their fans have created a myth that allows them to see themselves as being on a par with the top six

I have a good mate who is from Leeds. When I shared a house with him at University he wanted us to shell out from our meagre shared kitty to buy Yorkshire Teabags. I asked him whereabouts on Ilkley Moor the tea plantations were. He also maintained that 'Arry Ramsdens in Leeds is t'best fish & shop in t'world.' 50-60 miles from the nearest sea! As someone who grew up on the coast, I just had to swear at him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here