Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just like you James-talking sense and explaining it in a way all them there Leeds folk might understand. I liked the inclusion of the Webster deal for some perspective but I fear it will go over their heads faster than Concord swiftly followed by Ben White Bingo regulars-"Bielsa made him the player he is now", "He loves Leeds" and "25 Million is a fair price-Brighton should just take it and move on". You know they're coming, as we all do.

Frankly, I've had enough of all of the Billy Big Bollocks nonsense from the World's most entitled fan base so I hope Liverpool, Utd or another big club make the Albion an offer that is impossible to refuse-especially if we get to loan White for the coming season. Leeds fans would be apoplectic.
If Liverpool/United/whoever buy him, they won't be allowed to loan him back to us for the season.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You do realize how big the Leeds-Bradford area is don't you?

It's much larger than Liverpool and it's not shared by two clubs.

Kinnear has stated that with TV revenue, new kit deals and a new major sponsor, they are forecasting Leeds will be in the top 7 of EPL revenue earners in 2020.

West Ham were 7th with revenue of ~£190M in 2019. Tottenham were 6th with ~£365M . Leeds will slot in somewhere probably north of £200M.

Everton were 8th. Brighton were 15th with £132M.

Leeds revenue absolutely dwarfed the next largest in the Championship and that includes the likes Fulhum, Derby, West Brom, Middlesbrough, Forest, Swansea, Cardiff etc.

You can talk shit about them as much as possible regarding White, call their fans ****ing idiots etc, but their fans rock up, they pay their hard earned. They are one of the biggest kit sellers in the UK and have 30k on their waiting list for a season ticket at ER, they would be able to sell it out two times over this coming season if the fans were allowed back.. Commercially, they are a huge club. and given any sort of ongoing success, probably have as much potential growth to reach the next tier of someone like Tottenham's revenue level as any other side in the league.

Including your beloved Everton.

They haven't broken the bank buying their way into the league under Bielsa, infact they've spent basically nothing in the previous 2 transfer windows. Low wage bill etc means if they consolidate in the PL, they will probably improve fairly rapidly with a lot of net income at their disposal. Especially when you think how much Everton and West Ham have unloaded in the transfer market recently and they will have very comparable revenue levels.

So enjoy the shithousery, but hope like hell they get relegated, because you have all of about 12 more weeks to enjoy any sort of financial advantage over them.

Thanks, I will explore your links and references with intere....... oh

You didn't answer the question about the uninturrupted 120 years in the top flight. It is quite a claim. :lolol::lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All of Leeds aspirations come back to Bielsa. I would just love to see him fall flat on his face in the first few months. I have lost count of the promotion managers lauded as messiahs who very quickly loose their jobs.

reckon the fans should be more concerned Bielsa still hasnt commited to a new contract.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes, of course it does.

Bielsa: Manager of Argentina and Chile, Manager of Bilbao, Marseille, Leeds, Velez Sarsfield and Newell's Old Boys (among others).

Trophies: Olympic Gold, Runner Up Copa America, National Champion Argentina, Runner Up Copa Libertadores, Runner Up Spanish Cup, Runner Up Europa League, EFL Champions.

Potter: Manager of Ostersund, Swansea and Brighton

Trophies: Swedish Cup

Keep it real.

So he's good at being a runner up then. 6 titles, only 1 of them of any significant value. in 40 odd years for a manager who you claim as some kind of messiah is not good is it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Liverpool/United/whoever buy him, they won't be allowed to loan him back to us for the season.
I know, remembered as soon as I hit send following an edit. It would be fantastic if it could happen though...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Awesome, you've managed to post the most meaningless statistic on the internet.

Leeds-Bradford area population = 2,148,297

I hardly think Bradford City, Halifax and Guiseley are cutting into too much market share tbh.

Typical northern post same as Sussex and we dont have a Bradford, Halifax you seem to have forgotten Huddersfield to suck into that. Anyway it is you lot that are waving your dick about how big you are.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Lol, comparing championship revenue to PL TV money. What's next?

Brighton has the 10th highest net spend of any football side in Europe and in the bottom half of revenues in the PL. All for what? An average finish of 16th?

Bloom has had to finance the club to the tune of 300m to keep it afloat.

You aren't a sustainable football club at the moment.

Leeds is predicted to slot into the top 7 for revenue in it's very first season back in the PL.

I wouldn't be throwing stones regarding how the clubs are financially run and their respective financial cloat.

With a single season back in the PL Leeds will dwarf Brighton financially by this time next year.

so who does own your club?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So he's good at being a runner up then. 6 titles, only 1 of them of any significant value. in 40 odd years for a manager who you claim as some kind of messiah is not good is it.

To be fair he got Leeds promoted, he must be ****ing brilliant :lolol::lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£25m seems great money for a player who at 21 years old we didn't think was good enough for our PL squad, and we instead splashed £20m on bringing Webster in and loaning White out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, wrong.

You can't come on here and just gainsay a poster. Unlike your shit site we do tolerate other supporters. But within limits. If you think we are 'wrong', **** off :shrug:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
£25m seems great money for a player who at 21 years old we didn't think was good enough for our PL squad, and we instead splashed £20m on bringing Webster in and loaning White out.

Well. That is bold. I’ll give you that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It's a terrible business move. If White is as good as everyone says, 1 good season in the Premier League turns him into a £50M+ player. Also if Duffy goes we need another CB (probably) which could cost £10M-£20M so the 'net' result of it isn't that spectacular

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This is going on No evidence of White at training ground and cant be at Leeds training ground. Can only assume waiting to see if Dunk goes to Chelsea. If he doesnt cant see them keeping Dunk,White and Webster because they will all want first team football and Potter wont play 3 at back every game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here