Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ve read a few posts on here suggesting Bielsa isn’t signing his contract and I’m not sure where the idea of this has come from. Not a chance in hell he leaves us this season. Bielsa does things different, always has...he doesn’t put importance on himself and his contracts, he’s a man of his word and expects the same in return as if you read anything about his history you’ll see. The contract is agreed and likely was weeks ago, there’s no panic here with it not being announced yet. Also White coming or not will have zero influence on it, he knows this has always been out of our hands.

You are not wrong, your Chairman said a couple of days ago that in contract negotiations, he was asking for a bonus when he loses a match.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It’s a gamble now for TB if he does stay tho

Billionaire pro gambler TB?

You might want to do your homework.

I've said it before but Leeds idea of negotiation is like playing poker, running around the table showing everyone your hand, and then crying when you lose.
I'm sure billionaire pro gambler TB is having a lot of fun!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It’s a gamble now for TB if he does stay tho, this whole saga means he’d be on massively improved wages on a new contract and as much as I believe he has the ability to go to the top he’s still unproven in the Prem. The money we’re offering might never come again for him and considering you guys are operating at a huge loss, (10th biggest in Europe and 2nd biggest in England) it’s a gamble and currently the best offer on the table, infact its the only offer.

Leeds United operating loss 2018-19 - £36m

Brighton and Hove Albion operating loss 2018-19 - £21.2m

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It’s a gamble now for TB ........considering you guys are operating at a huge loss, (10th biggest in Europe and 2nd biggest in England) it’s a gamble and currently the best offer on the table, infact its the only offer.

Tony Bloom must be having sleepless nights over all that money he owes to Tony Bloom. :rolleyes:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I know for certain he wants the move mate. I’m not just guessing at that either, I’m good friends myself with someone he’s recently been away on holiday with is all I’ll say. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen by any stretch as i’m sure if you guys make it clear he’s not going then he will have to honour that and rightly so. There’s also no way on earth that we’d be putting bids in for him if he hadn’t given the club the indication he wants to come.

At the end of the day the ball is in your court now but I do think it’s more than a fair price for him.

You know Aaron Connolly? :ohmy:

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
Would it be fair to say though that for a Leeds fan, the games against Man Utd will be the most eagerly anticipated?
I'm not sure that Man Utd would say it's Leeds. But anyway...

Serious question, as you seem quite considered in your answers, do you think that the Koch transfer is wrapped up now? That is, last throw of the dice for White, the bid probably won't be accepted, and we then move onto Koch. Fee agreed for Koch and terms agreed with player?
From my perspective I'd say the one danger in the very open way the bids have gone in for White is that any other CB that Leeds go for will know that they were 2nd choice. I think it adds a risk to the process that doesn't need to be there.
If it had been a simple enquiry to Brighton at the end of the season along the lines of ' is White for sale, and if so what price will you accept?' Then this could have been moved on from far quicker and without the associated speculation when we say 'no, he's not'.
By making these bids so public it just seems as if Leeds are trying to create a storm which may ultimately lead to the player driving the move.
That's not happened and won't, because we have a reputation for not caving in to player demands.
So, I don't see why Leeds have taken this approach.
It also seems that the Leeds hierarchy ( not Bielsa ) is like a sieve in terms of speculation about players they are interested in eg benhrama , Watkins, etc. It just comes across as trying to appease the fans that they are very active in trying to do transfer business. The problem with this approach is that it doesn't look great when players go elsewhere or want to stay at clubs, eg Foyth at Spurs who apparently has turned down advances from Leeds.
Perhaps it's an approach which we are not used to at Brighton as we do our transfer business on the quiet as far as we can.

Any thoughts?

There’s little doubt this is the last throw of the dice regards White, we have to move on if it isn’t going to happen. I’m not sure how far down the line we are with Koch but we’ve been interested since last season. I actually think we need 2 CB’s but apparently Bielsa is happy with one, be that White or Koch. We’ve been linked with at least 50 players this last 2 weeks and most are obviously total rubbish, I think there was interest in Benrahma but I’m told it cooled and we’re now unlikely to go for him. We’re looking at a CB plus 3 others this window I believe. We defo need a striker and a creative mid.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It’s a gamble now for TB if he does stay tho, this whole saga means he’d be on massively improved wages on a new contract and as much as I believe he has the ability to go to the top he’s still unproven in the Prem. The money we’re offering might never come again for him and considering you guys are operating at a huge loss, (10th biggest in Europe and 2nd biggest in England) it’s a gamble and currently the best offer on the table, infact its the only offer.

Yes, best offer, only offer, but we don't want or need to sell, so the lack of other offers is better than having to say no to someone else as well.

sphynx

Banned
Aug 13, 2020

Lol, comparing championship revenue to PL TV money. What's next?

Brighton has the 10th highest net spend of any football side in Europe and in the bottom half of revenues in the PL. All for what? An average finish of 16th?

Bloom has had to finance the club to the tune of 300m to keep it afloat.

You aren't a sustainable football club at the moment.

Leeds is predicted to slot into the top 7 for revenue in it's very first season back in the PL.

I wouldn't be throwing stones regarding how the clubs are financially run and their respective financial cloat.

With a single season back in the PL Leeds will dwarf Brighton financially by this time next year.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Appreciate you taking the time to register to post all of that.

Not wishing to piss on your chips so soon after you've popped up, but from this end it really isn't clear at all.

And when I say "not clear" I mean "you're talking shit".

Was it just the one drink?

One's enough, two's too many and three's not enough.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

You don’t understand how football finances work do you?

Our club’s debt is owed to the owner, who is gradually converting it into shares.

We don’t need to raise any capital, we have absolutely no desire or pressure to sell whatsoever.

The fact you’re speculating that, in a few years time, we might be regretting making a buck by selling one of our youth prospects to the mighty Leeds United whilst we were in the limelight, just shows how utterly clueless you are about the status and direction of this football club, amongst other things.

Even the more sensible ones amongst you, such as yourself, are still exasperatingly ill-informed.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Brighton has the 10th highest net spend of any football side in Europe and in the bottom half of revenues in the PL. All for what? An average finish of 16th?

Leeds is predicted to slot into the top 7 for revenue in it's very first season back in the PL.

I wouldn't be throwing stones regarding how the clubs are financially run and their respective financial cloat.

With a single season back in the PL Leeds will dwarf Brighton financially by this time next year.

You can use all that money then to copy the way we're run then.

Given it's in print you're basing your sustainability model on little ole Brighton's it makes your comment we're not sustainable interesting.

Does that mean you've got people in charge who have no idea what they are doing?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Looks to me like a comparison off loss not income.

Bloom has undoutably pumped millions into the club to build a stadium and state of the art academy, but that's not 300m to keep it afloat.

That's 300m of investment to get it into the Premier League. Leeds would have bitten his hand off to take to that money instead of operating as a financial basket case, going into administration and writing off their debts over the last 16 years.

Would have probably spent it on a fish tank though....

Leeds owner, widely quoted:

“Over the next five years, we will continue to build a club and infrastructure capable of succeeding in the world’s most competitive league,” he said.

“As a model, I look at clubs like Brighton and the success they’ve achieved gradually on a sustainable budget. I want to take a similar approach.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

£300m includes building the stadium and the best training ground in the whole country.
Leeds fans lecturing us on sustainability when the likes of Bates & Ridsdale we’re sorting out their tropical fish tank!

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There’s little doubt this is the last throw of the dice regards White, we have to move on if it isn’t going to happen. I’m not sure how far down the line we are with Koch but we’ve been interested since last season. I actually think we need 2 CB’s but apparently Bielsa is happy with one, be that White or Koch. We’ve been linked with at least 50 players this last 2 weeks and most are obviously total rubbish, I think there was interest in Benrahma but I’m told it cooled and we’re now unlikely to go for him. We’re looking at a CB plus 3 others this window I believe. We defo need a striker and a creative mid.

I think 4 quality new players is about the right balance, rather than the 'doing a Villa' approach. Strengthening in the first season is tough as quality players don't want to risk a fight to stay in the division. Evidenced by Sheffield United having a better Jan transfer window last season than pre season. Players felt that they were a mid table club in Jan and so a good club to move to whereas in preseason they were everyone's favourites for the drop.
This league is brutal and good transfer business is vital. There's no way we would let White go to Leeds as we lose a valuable asset who could be a real star in the future, and frankly by not selling to Leeds, it means you have to sign another player from elsewhere to replace him which uses up your budget. Outside the top 6, every other team is in the relegation battle at the start of the season. For what it's worth I think you will survive, as the momentum from last season will help. However, I do think that the no fans situation won't help you early on as you'll lose the effect of a full Elland Road.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

...and you still won't be able to sign Ben White. :lolol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I know for certain he wants the move mate. I’m not just guessing at that either, I’m good friends myself with someone he’s recently been away on holiday with is all I’ll say. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen by any stretch as i’m sure if you guys make it clear he’s not going then he will have to honour that and rightly so. There’s also no way on earth that we’d be putting bids in for him if he hadn’t given the club the indication he wants to come.

At the end of the day the ball is in your court now but I do think it’s more than a fair price for him.

Very strange indeed. So many Leeds fans who know a guy who knows a guy who’s been with Ben. The young lad must be extremely naive and trusting to almost anybody.

Back in the real world, there are a few posters on here who are genuinely informed from within the club and that’s the opposite of what we’ve been hearing from our side. I don’t claim to have any major source but I do know somebody, who has also given me the same impression.

So one set of fans are full of shit, or their sources are. I wonder which it will turn out to be. :hilton:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

By who exactly. You bunch of flat-cap wallys on WACCOE ? (which I laughably learned quite recently stands for "We Are Champions, Champions Of Europe) - I mean christ :lolol:

The rest of your post is ignorant drivel not even worth responding to. You should consider changing your username to Sphincter, you catastrophic felching cockspangle.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
I think 4 quality new players is about the right balance, rather than the 'doing a Villa' approach. Strengthening in the first season is tough as quality players don't want to risk a fight to stay in the division. Evidenced by Sheffield United having a better Jan transfer window last season than pre season. Players felt that they were a mid table club in Jan and so a good club to move to whereas in preseason they were everyone's favourites for the drop.
This league is brutal and good transfer business is vital. There's no way we would let White go to Leeds as we lose a valuable asset who could be a real star in the future, and frankly by not selling to Leeds, it means you have to sign another player from elsewhere to replace him which uses up your budget. Outside the top 6, every other team is in the relegation battle at the start of the season. For what it's worth I think you will survive, as the momentum from last season will help. However, I do think that the no fans situation won't help you early on as you'll lose the effect of a full Elland Road.

I’m under no illusions it’s going to be tough next season and survival is obviously the priority. I’m confident we will for no other reason that we’ve got Bielsa. I Think our style will shock a few teams but we’re also likely to get a few thrashings too. Either way I can’t wait, it’s been too long for us away from the top division and I’m going to enjoy it whatever happens. I think you might be right about an empty Elland Rd but I think it actually worked in our favour the back end of last season as sometimes when the pressure is on the players can really sense the nerves at ER. Hopefully fans get back watching football sooner rather than later.

Anyway good luck

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Lol, comparing championship revenue to PL TV money. What's next? - Save it for your hard-of-thinking fellow fan who seems to think that Albion's "huge loss" of £21m is worse than Leeds' loss of £36m

Brighton has the 10th highest net spend of any football side in Europe and in the bottom half of revenues in the PL. All for what? An average finish of 16th? - You may wish to hold your fire until you've seen how much you spend, and how you fare, in the Premier League

Bloom has had to finance the club to the tune of 300m to keep it afloat. - Bloom has invested a small fortune to provide a club that had been driven to the brink of oblivion with a state-of-the-art stadium and a world-class academy. If that is merely keeping "afloat" what the **** does it say about Leeds recent situation?

You aren't a sustainable football club at the moment. - Bloom has chosen not to sell any players he didn't want to over recent seasons, meaning operating losses have not been offset by player trading profits; that will now start to change (but not yet, in the case of Ben White) :thumbsup:

Leeds is predicted to slot into the top 7 for revenue in it's very first season back in the PL. - Congratulations - I missed the change in PL rules this summer where points are now awarded based upon revenue

I wouldn't be throwing stones regarding how the clubs are financially run and their respective financial cloat. - I don't know what "cloat" means, but Leeds version of it seems to be less than Albion's version, if the Ben White saga is any guide.

With a single season back in the PL Leeds will dwarf Brighton financially by this time next year. - I guess that is why Leeds' owner has stated "As a model, I look at clubs like Brighton & Hove Albion and the success they’ve achieved gradually on a sustainable budget. I want to take a similar approach."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here