Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
"Leif Davies could be on his way out of Leeds this summer, with the young left-back set to be loaned out to gain valuable first team experience."
[MENTION=41581]Northchatty[/MENTION] clearly Leeds dont value this 20 year old and have no plans to hopefully integrate him into the Leeds first team

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
[/I]

This is why you finished 17th in 2019 a point above relegation and 15th this season.

We finished 17th in 2019 and then sacked our manager due to an unacceptable run of form. Graham Potter came in and, in his first season, kept us up much more comfortably (and we scored more and conceded less goals), played a number of younger players and developed them and changed the style. Not bad for his first season.

I think your arrogance, and that of other Leeds supporters, blinds you to how big the gap is between Championship and Premier League. On paper, in my view, we went up with a much better squad than you. I think Bielsa may well have been the difference there (along with the Championship being stronger the year we went up). Whether he continues to do that and you stay up comfortably is much more questionable. I would be more worried about my own team if I was a Leeds fan, especially the fact your main striker is Patrick Bamford and you may have to pay £20 million for a player you don't want (not coming on to Brighton forums to prove how arrogant and deluded Leeds fans are).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So Leeds turning their attention to the German bloke, £30 million. But also looking at Duffy.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-transfer-news-robin-koch-18780061

Their dopey supporters won’t be able to understand this part of that article;

‘Left-back could leave to gain first team experience

Leif Davies could be on his way out of Leeds this summer, with the young left-back set to be loaned out to gain valuable first team experience.’

Edit; beaten to it above.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[/I]

This is why you finished 17th in 2019 a point above relegation and 15th this season.

The dross at the bottom of the PL are considerably better than the dross getting promoted out the Championship. You played well against an Arsenal squad team and lost. We beat their first team twice in the league.

You lot are deluded if you believe you will do anything other than struggle.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The only remotely believable bit in this post is he might be Peter Wards Dad.

Well he convinced me! Seemed soooooo genuine.

I actually spoke to Peter Ward's Dad last week. May have to call him again and just check! Colin, is it you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must be someone that can tell us if White and Dunk are at training ground. Surely Owen and Naylor will be keen to be first with this info

Why would they not be ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bielsa is staying and the window is open for weeks but even now I fancy Leeds to beat a lot of the lower prem dross I saw last season.. Enjoy a player that clearly wants to play for another team. ��. Hope you give White what he deserves and that is first team football instead of not playing him like before. Poor lad. Sour grapes no, sympathy for White, Yes.!! You clearly saw more potential in the ones ahead of him.

Sympathy noted and best of luck beating all of that prem dross with your weakened championship squad am sure it will all come together for you.

Now if you don’t mind we will just get on with discussing the future of OUR player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What is it about the loan system and young player development that Leeds fans don't understand? Ben White was not ready to go straight into the Premier League against Man.City, Liverpool, etc. a year ago but perhaps he is now. But one thing is for sure - when he makes his Prem debut he won't be wearing white.

I wouldn't bet on this being true......... We haven't seen what colour our away kit is yet

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Seems somewhat appropriate that Leeds are turning their attention to someone called ‘Koch’...wonder if we’ll be able to come up with a suitable chant when they visit the Amex ? (assuming a) we’ll be there and b) we can chant through our masks :lolol: )

'You love German Koch, you love German Koch!'

Repeat.

???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He absolutely loved his time with Leeds, his best friend plays at Leeds and wants him there.

My best friend lives in Norfolk, it doesn't mean i'm gonna **** off up there and work up there for that.

**** me....when do the schools go back again? This one is either a child or an idiot. Or both.

The Fridge

Jul 29, 2020
Leeds fan here to give my opinion on this Ben White saga:

Ben was brilliant for us this season and is a huge asset for Brighton. Brilliant ball-playing CB who fits perfectly into our system.

Having said that, I personally wouldn't be willing to spend any more than £25m on him. Realistically, I would be reluctant to spend over £20m. I am certainly very keen for us to start looking elsewhere.

I think there is certainly a portion of Leeds fans on the internet who are 'delusional'. I think the same goes for any fanbase frankly, but I think the majority of us have a level head (the deluded ones tend to be the loudest).

On the whole 'where would Ben White like to play next season?' issue - the truth is, none of us know the answer to this. I think it would be fair to say that Ben has had a brilliant time with us this season and has had a great chance to play football. What we cannot pretend to do, is know what he is thinking inside his own head.

A Brighton fan saying 'Ben White would love to stay at Brighton as we are a more established PL club' is no different from a Leeds fan saying 'Ben White would love to come to Leeds as he is guaranteed a starting place and more game time' - both are pretending to know exactly what he is thinking.

My personal view on the matter is that Ben White will be a Brighton player next season regardless. Chelsea, Liverpool etc. are reportedly interested but will not be tabling a £40-50m bid for a player who has had one good season in the championship, they simply don't operate that way. I would estimate that they would pay £20m tops for him at this stage. If he does stay with you for another season (or indeed goes to Leeds), then I could see them maybe paying a higher price if he impresses in the PL.

The truth is, Ben seems like a level-headed lad. Even if he does want to come to Leeds, he seems unlikely to be the type to force a move by kicking and screaming. Again, I'd love to have him, but only at a sensible price.

Looking forward to playing you lot next season, should be a good couple of games. I've liked the look of Graham Potter since seeing him at Swansea, looks a promising manager and I think you guys will stay up if he stays for the season. Best of luck

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That German bloke looks decent tbf.

Wouldnt want them or any other struggling sides we will be trying to be above getting Duffy. That article is correct , he would bring a lot to either of those sides.

Celtic please.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bielsa is staying and the window is open for weeks but even now I fancy Leeds to beat a lot of the lower prem dross I saw last season.. Enjoy a player that clearly wants to play for another team. ��. Hope you give White what he deserves and that is first team football instead of not playing him like before. Poor lad. Sour grapes no, sympathy for White, Yes.!! You clearly saw more potential in the ones ahead of him.

The delusion is strong with this one, plus a clear confusion with the loan system. You should contribute to the Deluded Leeds Fans thread.

Explain to me how “Ben White clearly wants to play for another team”? I sincerely want to understand how you created this fantasy.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

White was our number one target yes. We made him in to the player he is now otherwise you would've not loaned a £50m player out in the first place. We had never heard of White a year ago

Lets just calm down and stop there. Maybe this is a teachable moment.

Do you understand why clubs loan players out? Why do you think they do that, especially young players when they could sell them?

Why do you think Harry Kane was loaned out as a youngster?

Do you think Man Utd “clearly didn’t want Beckham” because he was loaned out to lower leagues?

Why did Chelsea loan out Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount?

Now I want you to go and have a good think and answer these questions truthfully.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lets just calm down and stop there. Maybe this is a teachable moment.

Do you understand why clubs loan players out?

Why do you think Harry Kane was loaned out as a youngster?

Do you think Man Utd “clearly didn’t want Beckham” because he was loaned out to lower leagues?

Now I want you to go and have a think .................................

Sorry, I think we might have hit a snag there ......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here