Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Leeds well and truly priced out of the market, bless they still think they are big club.

Unluckily for Leeds we have a wealthy and savvy owner, and PL income. Their bids are being laughed out of the club.

The widespread media coverage of White’s great season, followed by Leeds’s (club and fanbase) desperation to sign him, have priced them out of the market.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks like Leeds have thrown in the towel, instead moving for a right Koch.

C8D63FA8-D369-4C61-94EB-F2B807868935.png

The Telegraph are fairly reliable on transfer news.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I don't get why so many Leeds fans are adamant that Ben would rather play for them than anyone, and rather play for anyone than Brighton. And what has Ben said about all this? Absolutely nothing. Not a bean. Hardly the actions of someone agitating for a move.

Feel really sorry for the guy at the moment. His head must be all over the place reading headlines like that. Imagine going from playing in the Championship (bloody well of course), to being Man Utd's new £50 million centre back. That is some serious pressure.

I am however enjoying how the papers are just changing the valuation every few days, in an effort to out-shock the previous report.

"The £20 million-rated centre back"
"Brighton's £30m young star"
"Who they rate at £50 million"

Couple more weeks and we'll have the first £1bn player on our hands.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I don't get why so many Leeds fans are adamant that Ben would rather play for them than anyone, and rather play for anyone than Brighton. And what has Ben said about all this? Absolutely nothing. Not a bean. Hardly the actions of someone agitating for a move.

Feel really sorry for the guy at the moment. His head must be all over the place reading headlines like that. Imagine going from playing in the Championship (bloody well of course), to being Man Utd's new £50 million centre back. That is some serious pressure.

I am however enjoying how the papers are just changing the valuation every few days, in an effort to out-shock the previous report.

"The £20 million-rated centre back"
"Brighton's £30m young star"
"Who they rate at £50 million"

Couple more weeks and we'll have the first £1bn player on our hands.

I love that they say "they rate". Have we ever put a price tag on him? I'm so lost at this point. Not even sure I've heard anything other than Potter's original statement and David Weir reiterating it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

I'm just enjoying finally having a (relative) youngster worth megabucks - we've not had one before.

Well bugger me. I never thought I'd see an Albion player with a £50m + price tag. :ohmy:

And to think so many on here were desperate for us to sell at the first offer! £20 odd million...

Thankfully those in charge of the club are a few moves ahead of the game.

Keeping White for the season was always the best move for footballing and business reasons.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
If this circus continues the kid definitely needs to be protected from being over hyped and having to live up to that pressure.

But I think things will really settle down once the season starts...that is, if 2020 doesn't get anymore bonkers.

EDIT: "most wanted player in England" is a ridiculous headline.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So the sun have not got the story right. Publishing fiction instead of facts, whom of thought that?

Oh wait it's the Sun.

If this circus continues the kid definitely needs to be protected from being over hyped and having to live up to that pressure.

But I think things will really settle down once the season starts...that is, if 2020 doesn't get anymore bonkers.

EDIT: "most wanted player in England" is a ridiculous headline.

And if his head is all over the place I hope he realises who bought that on him. Yes #DeludedLeeds fans-you all thought it was just a matter of non stop bullsh1t will get the player. We all know that when they finally get it that he won't be with them next season they're going to turn on the lad. And trash Brighton when they visit. Horrible club.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Holy shit, Leeds MD seems to be getting the message. Or perhaps being honest with the supporters.

Worth a quick read of his comments about Ben White.

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...dibly-challenging-leeds-uniteds-angus-4430700

2197498a26b6cf5db20eae75ed4e7dbe.jpg

I know it’s SussexLive which is trash but you just need to read the quotes. I’m sure they will be accurate.

Also, lol...
acb272c3e8f1c69d32ccffe3c7c82de6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear. And if he plays regularly his value will just go up another £10m. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here