Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just been on the MOT forum. All looks fairly realistic and sensible to me. I’m looking forward to playing Leeds. Really looking forward to seeing why so many top managers love Bielsa.

In fairness MOT is a lot more sensible and realistic. Looks like the more cultured, intelligent Leeds fans are on MOT, the deluded Muppets and mouthy twits populate Wacko........ Not unsurprisingly Wacko is a lot bigger than MOT.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39921&sid=8eb16a4cdfaa4cb3eed082da4d5158ca

Fairly sensible stuff. The worst of the bile seems to be from the ones on Twitter who's brains were sadly starved of oxygen during childbirth.
Interesting little forum and some sensible posts. It's like a really tiny version of NSC though (having had a quick look at the subject matter of the threads). But there's no one there.....

Presumably as the majority are on WANKOE shouting at each other about how BIG Leeds are and how every other team is SHIT.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Please let them sign Foyth, he looked well out of his depth in the PL

I feel sorry for the guy they eventually get in that position. Imagine the pressure. His performances against the top PL players will be continually compared to BW’s performances in the Championship. Good luck!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really is stupid for them to not move on now as they have quite a few positions to fill. If they don't then they are having to earmark £30-35m for a player that they eventually won't get. They've already wasted two weeks of the window making bids all over Eurpope that have been rejected , including for Ben White. Pre season training starts now and so if they wait two/three weeks more they'll have a squad for the new season weaker than their squad last season. ( IE they haven't got White). Seemingly no irons already in the fire.
We'd got Gross and Ryan in virtually by the time the champagne had been drunk on our promotion?

Seems they may not have the pulling power some of their more deluded fans feel is a right. That’s what 16 years of being primarily a laughing stock does for a club. There are no existing transfer targets who’ll remember Leeds’ glory days of the early 70s. Some may have the vaguest childhood memory of a team that enjoyed a Champions League fling by spending way beyond its means, going bust and getting relegated. When it comes to attracting top players, they’re just relegation contenders with a well-respected manager.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is going to drag on until Transfer Deadline Day, which for lucky Leeds fans is just over 3 weeks after the start of the season ( for PL-PL transfers ).

They need to *Let it go*

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This is going to drag on until Transfer Deadline Day, which for lucky Leeds fans is just over 3 weeks after the start of the season ( for PL-PL transfers ).

They need to *Let it go*

No it won't ... This will drag on and on. If Ben misses a single minute of game time, come January's window, they'll be making up sh*t about him not being wanted or missing Leeds or some such b*llocks.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No it won't ... This will drag on and on. If Ben misses a single minute of game time, come January's window, they'll be making up sh*t about him not being wanted or missing Leeds or some such b*llocks.
Yes, if he's not England Captain by November then it means that Potter is a useless manager, Brighton have ruined his career and he's still DESPERATE to go to managerless Leeds (P7 W1 D1 L5).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry. Once Bielsa signs that contract (any day now) he'll turn this completely unknown player into a "terrifying" world class professional.

What we are not understanding, it seems, is that Bielsa is so good, that as long as Leeds get their squad in place by the start of pre season, he will turn them all into world beaters by kick off. This is the only reason he insists on all players having a full pre season, he cannot carry out this player improvement in less than a few weeks.

The PL is in for some shock and awe from Leeds this season, as long as Bielsa has his squad in place early enough.

#teamslikebrighton won’t stand a chance against them and Ben White is desperate to join them. I think it’s becoming clear to me now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What we are not understanding, it seems, is that Bielsa is so good, that as long as Leeds get their squad in place by the start of pre season, he will turn them all into world beaters by kick off. This is the only reason he insists on all players having a full pre season, he cannot carry out this player improvement in less than a few weeks.

The PL is in for some shock and awe from Leeds this season, as long as Bielsa has his squad in place early enough.

#teamslikebrighton won’t stand a chance against them and Ben White is desperate to join them. I think it’s becoming clear to me now.

Correct

https://twitter.com/jamesy_duncan/status/1293612370468769793?s=21

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I was shocked to see this post in amongst that, hats off to the guy

We All Talk Leeds
@WeAllTalkLeeds
·
12h
So it looks like Brighton aren't going to budge, as they are well entitled to do.
[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]6white
, thank your for you huge contribution to the title win. I would wish you luck in your career, but you won't need luck, you've got class in abundance and heading to the very top.
#lufc

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was shocked to see this post in amongst that, hats off to the guy

We All Talk Leeds
@WeAllTalkLeeds
·
12h
So it looks like Brighton aren't going to budge, as they are well entitled to do.
[MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]6white
, thank your for you huge contribution to the title win. I would wish you luck in your career, but you won't need luck, you've got class in abundance and heading to the very top.
#lufc

Instant ban for him if he’s put that on WACCOE

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well now, you know last summer, there was talk of Villa being in talks with him.

And- if you search Twitter from the time- you will see loads of Leeds fans claiming he, having only ever played Championship football, was worth in excess of £30m.

Which is amusing. Anyone else remember Super Kalvin getting sent off at the Amex?

Yep.

We offer £15m for ‘super’ Kal. Surely, morally, they’ll feel they have to ‘free’ him, to come and live with his BESTEST EVER SPECIAL FRIEND Ben, in Worthing?

And yes, as mentioned earlier, I’m having a nice new mug, when they are on very special offer, in two weeks’ time. (Proceeds of these go to the Leeds Children’s Hospital, to be fair)

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I've read some Leeds fans are slightly concerned that Bielsa staying might hinge on them getting White. That would be the most satisfying scenario. White stays at Brighton, Bielsa walks, Leeds relegated, Brighton fans deliriously happy.

PabloHoney

Aug 11, 2020
Lads I don't think the whole loaning a player out to sunset club thing is for you considering how worked up you are over all of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here