Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Ok, so you would cash in for £25m but not to Leeds.

But what young English talent would you suggest we bring in who is as good as Ben White?

My take would be there is no pressing need to resolve this situation now. So I would see us wait until the end of next season then evaluate. His interest and valuation will either increase or stay the same.

I’m willing to bet this will be the clubs decision as well.

25m!? Now who's trying to sell Ben White!

I said 30+ earlier and you spat your dummy out :moo:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
You called out my valuation on the player, what's yours? I think many on here are building him up too much. Too speculative. He'll be on our bench a fair bit.

I'd rather we cash in, especially if he isn't willing to commit.

Wouldn't sell to Leeds at any price though, I share the club's position there.

His actual valuation at present is £22m as that's what a club is prepared to offer. we said no.
Dunk's valuation about 4 years ago was c£6m when offered by Fulham, and we said no. That was a pretty wise decision, and I think we've got this one right too.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
His actual valuation at present is £22m as that's what a club is prepared to offer. we said no.
Dunk's valuation about 4 years ago was c£6m when offered by Fulham, and we said no. That was a pretty wise decision, and I think we've got this one right too.

No, the owner sets the value not potential buyers.

We rejected £22m therefore his value is greater than £22m.

We can only guess how much the club values him, so this debate is pointless.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That would be dreamland

[emoji445] Ben White.. he’s one of our own [emoji445]

maybe something like this if we're allowed back in at the Amex.

We've got Ben White.
Albions Ben White.
I just dont think you understand.
He only went on Loan
But now hes come back Home
We've got Albions Ben White.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Morning. Well this is getting a bit messy on all sides but we are just a sideshow to what is happening.

As a regular contributor to the Leeds main forum I know full well how many twats frequent our board. There is without a doubt a small percentage who are in fact not Leeds (either fans of other clubs or actually Leeds fans who enjoy a good wind up) and look to undermine every aspect of the club. It takes some adjustment to get your head around social media and the motivations of many looking to become someone.

Having said that I did find the 'freebenwhite' twitter thing quite amusing. I think we do need to preserve what we can of our club cultures. Never been a fan either of your 'rivals' (ahem) Palace, but had to respect them trying to create an atmosphere at home as let's face it, most PL crowds are dead. For us old skool types . . . it's another world we now inhabit. Leeds are a bit old skool still. We've sort of missed out on much of the PL growth and having a ground that has hardly changed for a good while adds to that living in the past feeling. We still stand for the full 90 minutes away and behind both ends at home. There has definitely been an upsurge and great variety in what our fans are bringing to the table. Social media fuels so much. A couple of years in the EFL should be a staple diet for all PL clubs just to refind yourself an enjoy what football can be . . . like a two year loan, ha.

Behind the scenes, the club owner and chief executive are good people with a good reputation. I'm sure communication between both clubs has been respectful and professional. Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle).

If Brighton do not wish to sell, White faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable. His value falls dramatically. I'm pretty sure he would have a good attitude and push for first team football. His value will both rise and fall based on performance levels and the remaining length of his contract. Unless he becomes a regular at Brighton, and shows he has the quality required at PL level, you'd have to suggest this time next year he'll be worth 8-10million. Success on the pitch and regular game time, could push his value to 40million in that same time frame.

I've got my head a little around what I think a present value is now, trying to look from both sides. A fixed sum plus add on's up to 29million (international recognition, club games). Then throw in a 20% sell on clause. In many ways it is an outrageous sum for a player with his present experience. He is important to Bielsa but it does get to a point where you think . . . there is another player who can do this job . . . and let's not be naive, there always is (if your club is well run) a list of alternatives at hand.

Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club. I was going to type, . . . only with a sale does everyone come out smiling . . . but i guess, some of you understandably may not feel that way. Regards.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
blah, blah, blah

If White wishes to move on yet Brighton do not wish to sell, he faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable.

blah, blah, blah

"whatevs"

I find the money in football stupid but I know a proud father of someone who is nowhere near the first team who is on more than half that ... and 95% of Brighton fans don't know that kids name.

five grand a week ...behave

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

I think we all know that in modern football a club does not bid for a player unless they have been encouraged to do so by the player via his agent. In fact in most cases personal terms have also been agreed. Sure, you can talk about using it as a bargaining chip but I think we all know it isn't one of those cases.

So what is left is negotiating a good deal. The Mings deal last summer is a good pointer to a fee but with the effects of COVID in mind. I think a fee of 20million plus 2million for PL safety after year 1, a million each for 50 and 100 appearances and 5million for an England cap in a competitive fixture and a 20% sell on clause . . . would be fair. Great player without PL experience. Huge potential but equally some questions over physicality at the top level.

Regards

Morning. Well this is getting a bit messy on all sides but we are just a sideshow to what is happening.

As a regular contributor to the Leeds main forum I know full well how many twats frequent our board. There is without a doubt a small percentage who are in fact not Leeds (either fans of other clubs or actually Leeds fans who enjoy a good wind up) and look to undermine every aspect of the club. It takes some adjustment to get your head around social media and the motivations of many looking to become someone.

Having said that I did find the 'freebenwhite' twitter thing quite amusing. I think we do need to preserve what we can of our club cultures. Never been a fan either of your 'rivals' (ahem) Palace, but had to respect them trying to create an atmosphere at home as let's face it, most PL crowds are dead. For us old skool types . . . it's another world we now inhabit. Leeds are a bit old skool still. We've sort of missed out on much of the PL growth and having a ground that has hardly changed for a good while adds to that living in the past feeling. We still stand for the full 90 minutes away and behind both ends at home. There has definitely been an upsurge and great variety in what our fans are bringing to the table. Social media fuels so much. A couple of years in the EFL should be a staple diet for all PL clubs just to refind yourself an enjoy what football can be . . . like a two year loan, ha.

Behind the scenes, the club owner and chief executive are good people with a good reputation. I'm sure communication between both clubs has been respectful and professional. Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle).

If Brighton do not wish to sell, White faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable. His value falls dramatically. I'm pretty sure he would have a good attitude and push for first team football. His value will both rise and fall based on performance levels and the remaining length of his contract. Unless he becomes a regular at Brighton, and shows he has the quality required at PL level, you'd have to suggest this time next year he'll be worth 8-10million. Success on the pitch and regular game time, could push his value to 40million in that same time frame.

I've got my head a little around what I think a present value is now, trying to look from both sides. A fixed sum plus add on's up to 29million (international recognition, club games). Then throw in a 20% sell on clause. In many ways it is an outrageous sum for a player with his present experience. He is important to Bielsa but it does get to a point where you think . . . there is another player who can do this job . . . and let's not be naive, there always is (if your club is well run) a list of alternatives at hand.

Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club. I was going to type, . . . only with a sale does everyone come out smiling . . . but i guess, some of you understandably may not feel that way. Regards.

Mate. You're the bloke who doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "facts".

Can't take you seriously, and don't have the time to.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Morning......Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club. I was going to type, . . . only with a sale does everyone come out smiling . . . but i guess, some of you understandably may not feel that way. Regards.

Morning.

Bloom is also a Brighton fan. He’d probably turn down £60m if you lot offered it now, he has had enough and we have too. It’s over. He is not being sold to Leeds.

Time for you to turn your unrequited love elsewhere. I’d suggest another Ben, the Godfrey model at Norwich would suit you but be quick before he finds a bigger club. Could you perhaps post on their forum now?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

It not getting messy. You like to think it is. I've told you before that White won't be going to Leeds. You simply cannot afford him. That's all there is to it.

The rest of your post is just pointless drivel.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise

You appear to be well mannered, but I’m afraid you’re sharing the same delusion as the rest of the Leeds fans. Frankly it has nothing to do with you. You appear to have convinced yourself he wants the move based on... what? A couple of selfies on Instagram?

It was a loan. He has now returned to his parent club, as has always been the case. As Graham Potter said in his last few press conferences and as Ashworth has said in recent months. It was always the plan for him to return and move up to our first team.

If Brighton do not wish to sell, White faces being a squad player on what we think is 5K a week for the forseeable. His value falls dramatically.

Says who? More fantasy. He will easily be a part of our squad. We have a strong squad btw. And like any good team there is no guaranteed first 11.

Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club.

Yes and for that reason he will reject that offer.

Respectfully, “get this around your head” you loaned our player. We used you as part of his development path. End of story. All the rest is delusion I’m afraid.

Ok put it this way. If he were your player now, would you accept £29m for him? Honestly? I doubt it.

You need to move on. Again, if Bielsa made Ben White the player he is you should find another youth player and do the same (maybe one of your own this time).

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Bloom is a business man and will do what is right for his club.

In this scenario Bloom is a fan of the club first and foremost and the success on the field is what is most important. If he were thinking like a businessman he would never have gotten involved with the club in the first place as it is hardly a great financial investment. All the chatter is among the fans, sweet bugger all from the clubs or the individuals involved. If White is as good as people are cracking on about then he will have no trouble getting a regular first team slot. There are so many possible cards in the air, the rumour mill around Dunk has quieted down, does this mean he is staying or does it mean negotiations are at a critical stage and a tight lid has been put on the situation. Sure as heck if we sell Dunk, we wont be selling White, are Liverpool in negotiations for him, again I don't see us selling both Dunk and White. Also I doubt we would sell to Leeds, as has been said many times we are not going to help strengthen teams that are likely to be our rivals.

If White wants to move on he could behave like a petulant child and deliberately not fit in, but this would damage his brand, so my guess is he will remain a Brighton player and forge PL career starting with us.

Business wise he has 2 years left on his contract, so selling him next year after a solid year in the PL would reap far more than selling him now. Heck he might even settle in decide he actually enjoys being here and agree to the extra year option on his contract.

The long and the short of it who the F**k knows.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well here as some more 'facts' for you:

has turned down Brighton offers of a new contract and shows little interest.
his best mate is KP and his GF is a local lass
he has told the club he wants to be there next year
Leeds have bid twice for him and both have been rejected
he would play PL football next season under a world class coach

...and a casual viewer would wonder why we say 'deluded Leeds'

contract ... WTF do you know?
he gets along with someone and ****s somebody else .... I did that when I lived in Leeds
would he have said 'I want out of here as soon as possible'?
yep
yep

...I like Leeds as a city, lovely place. However ... didn't like the football club and I don't reckon you're having OUR Ben ... get over it.

IF Leeds stay up for a few seasons and get some filthy money in like Newcastle were after they MIGHT be challenging for 8th in about 5 seasons .. or they might just as easily go straight back down for another couple of decades or so.

Your superb manager might just get a better offer ... and then you are ****ed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle)

...and this is the point where I stopped reading. Absolutely fantastical weapons-grade GOONERY

Put your cap on and go and walk your whippet, you utter frisbee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here