[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’d say they tried to make the step up without spending, was always going to end badly. The best team in the Championship is not good enough for the PL, except Wolves who had quality players throughout the team when they romped the division :shrug:

Ok, yes. I agree with this. My point however was that players that are great in the Championship are more often than not also good in the Premier League. Teams that keep too many average Championship players are however always likely to go down. I'm fairly sure that Luke Ayling and Kalvin Phillips will look alright in the PL as well, while a bunch of their more average players are going to really struggle.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I said that to BIGFATDAZ180 on Twitter yesterday, I refer you you to this undeniable evidence....
[tweet]1292490069157314567[/tweet]

Daz had a string of really fit girlfriends when he was a teenager. They all went to a different schools on the other side of Leeds though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Anthony Knockaert, player of the season in the Championship, struggled in the PL

No, he did fine, he didn't take it by storm but he wasn't over matched. Ditto Bruno (for a bit), Stephens & Murray. Dunk (and arguably Duffy) did take it by storm, but they are the exceptions.

The overall point though, that good championship players can hack the Premier League is a fair one, Maupay, Webster, many of the Sheffield team, Grealish and several others have done just fine last year, and going back a bit further most of the Wolves team were in the championship, as was much of the Leicester team that won the league. It's good championship "teams" that struggle in the PL without reinforcement, but good players can make that step up.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Great, great post. I'd also add that White could easily be Stephen's long-term replacement at the base of the midfield. When we play 3 at the back, White is literally made to play with Webster, either side of the outstanding Lewis Dunk. There's something really exciting about a back 5 of all English defenders (which after all, is one of Ashworth's USPs when he came in):

Lamptey-Webster-Dunk-White-Burn

And that's if we don't upgrade BDB. Why on EARTH would we willingly sacrifice that? Or a White, Bissouma, Lallana, Propper midfield? I'm with you, we're either ambitious and gunning for a top 10 finish, or we're going to settle into the cosy role of handing off our best players whenever an offer comes in from one of the big boys (and sorry Leeds, that ain't you - This isn't 1996)

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Thank you, exactly, what an exciting young team we’re building down here, under the radar in some ways:

- Lamptey
- Webster
- White
- Biss
- Connolly
- Alzate
- MacAllister
- Maupay

To add to the likes of Dunk, Burn, Trossard etc.

And yet there are some who are still mentally stuck in League One and couldn’t be happier to accept the first half decent bid. And when you ask them why, they don’t really have a good answer either.

“We need the money”. We’re a PL team for the past 4 years, not in the Championship? And there’s plenty of fringe players who can go first.

“We don’t need Ben White”. Eh? Still don’t get that one.

“OMG We should take the £30m windfall and re-invest!”
- and buy who? What young talent as good or better than Ben White could we get, who would want to join us?

Thank goodness we have a forward thinking owner and manager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well for the first time today I dived into Waccoe and read about 30 odd pages, what a totally weird experience, They are like no other.

15 pages with one fella called Aidyleeds (a recovering gambler) saying he'd come off the wagon to bet anyone 15K (to be handled by their admins), that Ben white wont go to Leeds, his reasons why Bloom wouldnt do it, were quite valid imho, though Aidyleeds was getting flamed as deluded for suggesting White isnt going there.....albeit nobody took the 15k bet. And in this spiritual enlightenment exercise, deep inside the Cult of Bielsa, I came across some real pearls of wisdom. I hope it helps someone struggling with Brighton based Delusions !!

leeds.jpg
leeds0.1.jpg
leeds1.jpg
leeds2.jpg
leeds3.jpg
leeds4.jpg
Leeds5.jpg
leeds6.jpg
Leeds7.jpg
leeds8.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Those WACCOE people are, well, whack-o.

And what's this "They're not going to know what's hit them?". It's been just three years since we last played them. We've played them nearly every season since they've been out of the PL

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Love it if they go straight back down - that would be so funny :D

4-1 is looking very interesting given that with less than 5 weeks to go, they’ve not made a single signing and their manager hasn’t signed a new contract.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Must say, reading those forum entries makes me appreciate how well run NSC is, and how well behaved and polite most of us are. Couldn't be done with all that abuse and language, gets a bit tedious doesn't it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Must say, reading those forum entries makes me appreciate how well run NSC is, and how well behaved and polite most of us are. Couldn't be done with all that abuse and language, gets a bit tedious doesn't it.

I was thinking that. I know we have the Fairy and looney but NSC is often informative, frequently funny and debates are generally conducted in a respectful manner. I know football forums aren't renowned for intellectualism but WACCOE makes NSC look like the Leibniz-Clarke correspondence. :lolol:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Living just outside Ĺeeds, I can vouch first hand what a bunch of numpties they are. Really delusional. I bring them back to earth by telling them the FACT that for a very very large part of my life (I'm 54) they have been in 2nd tier and that Man U, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs are much much bigger clubs.

They tend to explode. Very amusing.

If, I was Bloom under no circumstances would I sell to Leeds. I think their antics have pushed up the price and simultaneously made their job of landing White that much less likely...unless they sink further into debt and do a Ridsdale.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ben White

If, I was Bloom under no circumstances would I sell to Leeds. I think their antics have pushed up the price and simultaneously made their job of landing White that much less likely...unless they sink further into debt and do a Ridsdale.

Pissing off Brighton fans with all that clueless and arrogant banter is really not so smart.

Bloom happens to be a fan as well as the Chairman, you have to assume that it’s now impossible for them to get White as well as a loan the season after next when theyll back in the Championship and desperate to tap into and benefit from our Centre Back Development Initiative once again.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sky Bet seem to have White at 'Evens' to go to the hugely colossal club that what is called the United of Leeds (Lord praise them and Forgive me for uttering their name, I am not worthy, etc..)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sky Bet seem to have White at 'Evens' to go to the hugely colossal club that what is called the United of Leeds (Lord praise them and Forgive me for uttering their name, I am not worthy, etc..)
They may do, but you can't bet on no move / stays at Brighton so they probably would be favourites!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports