Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White - Season to date

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't understand this thread. Ben White is surely one of three players in the running for Player of the Season at the moment. He's a quality player who has been hurled around the team willy nilly. He's played CB in a back 4, right of a back three, centre midfield and a while at right back once or twice as well. You can see why he's so highly rated, he has got all sorts of qualities to his game.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't understand this thread. Ben White is surely one of three players in the running for Player of the Season at the moment. He's a quality player who has been hurled around the team willy nilly. He's played CB in a back 4, right of a back three, centre midfield and a while at right back once or twice as well. You can see why he's so highly rated, he has got all sorts of qualities to his game.

This. Has been exceptional considering it’s his first season in the Premier.

No blunders, some absolutely classy defending, very good technical play and not afraid to carry the ball out of defence.

He will get better and better, and no wonder big clubs are sniffing around.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I think he’s done very well

Played pretty much every minute and I would say that only Lampty and Biss have been consistently better.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He’s been excellent, and some of the tackles made have been particularly classy. The reported 25m that Leeds offered certainly hasn’t diminished.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I think he's done great. Looks passionate on the field (very vocal) and level headed off it.

Fantastic tackling, intercepting and blocking.

I also don't mind him playing in midfield next to Bissouma. That's a rock solid midfield. With, ideally, the three in front and the two wingbacks causing attacking mayhem (I said "ideally"!!!).

He also has good vision going forwards and has a good long pass on him, picking out the runners.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I think he's done well. He's gone from a team that mostly wins to one that mostly loses. Often happens following promotion and is hard to adapt to. If we played two centre backs I'd prefer him over Webster.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Been solid and looks at home in the PL, he was never going to be able to do the kind of surging runs we saw from him in the championship due to the quality at this level. There were similar showreels of Webster before he joined and just highlights the gulf in class between the divisions.

Peter Wards Dad

Aug 16, 2020
The lad is class however I TrueType believe we should have sold him for £27m with a sell on clause. That way we probably could have got a net £35m for him.

We have accommodated a player (who is one of our top 5 players) who makes our team weaker. The money would have been better spent reinforcing areas of clear weakness.

I know many will say you don’t get better by selling your best players. However the opportunity cost of retaining his services, in my view is the lack of a top forward and ultimately our premiership status.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here