Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White - Men's Player Of The Year

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
It does seem very strange on a previous NSC thread on this there were over 180 posts and none had BW as player of the season

Because he wasn't!!

4th best defender in my opinion behind Dunk, Webster and heck even Lamptey!!

I don't care though........I REMEMBER PETER BLOODY SMITH winning Player of the Year, so it is meaningless to a degree to me. We know as fans whose performed and who hasn't

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Embarrassing to be honest.

Shame on those that voted.

Embarrassing’s a bit strong. But I know what you mean.

Dunk is the best defender at our club hands down. He’s not been recognised by his country (but Ben was) and now Ben has taken the men’s award as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can recall at least half a dozen potentially game changing mistakes from Biss this season.

I can't recall any from Ben. Well deserved imo.

Probably best not to start pulling apart our own players as he’s done well but that is plainly nonsense. White was culpable for at least a couple of goals, particularly early on in the campaign when he was very easily beaten in the air. He’s safer in a 3.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
[tweet]1401640217182879744[/tweet]

What I don’t get about this is why they would want to? Great. Ben White, a player they never owned and who doesn’t play for them, is now player of the year for someone else. Bizarre and pathetic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The other thread says Dunk has won? I’m confused.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What I don’t get about this is why they would want to? Great. Ben White, a player they never owned and who doesn’t play for them, is now player of the year for someone else. Bizarre and pathetic.

This. Its just weird Leeds fans acting like some bunny boiler jilted ex thought they would have let it go by now

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wouldn’t have got my vote, but not overly disappointed.......several contenders and he’s one of them. If it’s down to Leeds fans rigging the vote, then they’re even more deluded than we thought. All they have done is added a few quid to his value, on the same day he makes his first, and accomplished, start for England. Cheers, you deluded Northern ****wits :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

No their logic doesn’t quite tally up. That’s another topic in itself.

Maybe they will enjoy being able to use this to point to Bielsa’s influence on one of our players? In actual fact.. they’ve probably added another £15-20m to the transfer fee so thank you Leeds fans [emoji6]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Always a problem with open online voting.

Easiest solution is only to allow votes from season ticket holders or even those with purchase history at the club.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think those norty Leeds fans finger prints are all over this. Chapeau to them. We've done this many times. Next time the club might be a little more canny about public votes. It's a shame because it would have gone to Biss without doubt based on what we've seen on NSC over the last month (for example 69 people voted on this - not one for BW - https://www.northstandchat.com/show...he-Season-First-round-(with-poll)&highlight=) - but let's see the funny side of it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I haven’t spoken to one Brighton fan who didn’t think it was either Bis or Dunk this season. Leeds fans have scammed it. Next season They’ll have to close it to sth and members only.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Probably best not to start pulling apart our own players as he’s done well but that is plainly nonsense. White was culpable for at least a couple of goals, particularly early on in the campaign when he was very easily beaten in the air. He’s safer in a 3.

Pulling apart our players? Don't be a melt. Biss plainly has a lot to improve on. As GP said in the past, he's excellent at the things he does well, but needs to improve the things that aren't so good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here