Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White at the weekend

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Considering NSC’s favourite Barnes tripped up a ref on purpose it seems a bit petulant to dig out BW tbh.

NSC's favourite Barnes, you sure about that? A vocal minority maybe, but no way an all out favourite.

Added to which I think many would have called him out for his petulant stupid trip, as should White be for this. If you don't like what the officials have done, ignore them after the game.

We've all seen players rant at the officials, in the heat of the moment, but that slap just appears childish and spiteful.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That is very minor. Within secs of end of game. I also have sympathy for managers having a microphone put in front of them within mins of letting in a late goal etc. In this respect credit to how Potter conducts himself everytime

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In this respect credit to how Potter conducts himself everytime

Except when home fans boo a 0-0 of course :smile:

I had every sympathy with that minor strop though

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Are posters really offended/disappointed/outraged/upset/sad about this....?

Seriously ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let's get the knives out for one of our ex's, many of who won't have seen play. Last Brighton player to be capped by England and earned the club a staggering £50m. Can understand the frustration from ref/var decisions plus the stupidity of one of their own players.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Let's get the knives out for one of our ex's, many of who won't have seen play. Last Brighton player to be capped by England and earned the club a staggering £50m. Can understand the frustration from ref/var decisions plus the stupidity of one of their own players.

Unfortunately, actions like that reduce his chances of more caps even further.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Have been noticing his Instagram stories after a match have been becoming more and more arrogant and bullish. Think it's the environment because he seemed a decent kid when with us ...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Not dissimilar to Mount swiping his foot away from Tsimikas that was not punished. Bit petulant but hey

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm clearly in my own club here but I'm not sure what the problem is ? Just looks like a jokey hand slap. Admittedly I didn't watch the game so if it had anything to do with a decision by that official then fair enough he shouldn't have done it.

You may be right. The footage is rather grainy. If it had been anything else he'd have been carded. Innit?

(Also....it is very poor to start threads about former players with the narrative 'we were lucky to get rid when we did'. Its the sort of thing you'd expect from the likes of, er, Arsenal).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have been noticing his Instagram stories after a match have been becoming more and more arrogant and bullish. Think it's the environment because he seemed a decent kid when with us ...

The environment or the agency he engages to write his social media stuff?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Imagine how upset he’d be if he actually liked football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here