Ben Watson turn down Rush & D.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Our new striker?

Struggling League Two side Rushden & Diamonds have signed Darren Caskey and Petr Mikolanda to aid their relegation battle.

Barry Hunter's men are second from bottom of League Two after struggling this term, and only won their first game of 2006 on Saturday to climb off the foot of the table.

Hunter had targeted Bognor Regis striker Ben Watson to boost his attacking options, but he remarkably turned down the chance to move to Nene Park.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He actually wants to play for Crawley. He went on trial there last summer and they didn't get back to him with all the turmoil.
Bognor made him an offer. He is also working in schools training squads so is earning decent money doing that having passed his coaching qialifications paid for by the PFA.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Two players we've had on our books but released are going to be moving for money in the near future. :down:

E

enigma

Silent Bob said:
Two players we've had on our books but released are going to be moving for money in the near future. :down:

who is the other

Silent Bob said:

Oh get real, peanuts fee in Watson's case, which we would have spent many times over paying him to languish in the reserves.

Last edited:

enigma said:
Really? I didnt know about that. Whats the story there?

That would be many, many, many years ago. The guy went through our youth books but is what, 27, now? Silent Bob might as well include Paul Ifill too if we want to go back that far.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Silent Bob said:

So you want all the youth academy to be given pro contracts? Choices have to be made.
Scoring on a regular basis for Bognor doesn't mean he would make it for the senior team.

E

enigma

London Irish said:
That would be many, many, many years ago. The guy went through our youth books but is what, 27, now? Silent Bob might as well include Paul Ifill too if we want to go back that far.

Ah ok. I was going to say, I didnt remember him being mentioned much before.

E

enigma

Yorkie said:
So you want all the youth academy to be given pro contracts? Choices have to be made.
Scoring on a regular basis for Bognor doesn't mean he would make it for the senior team.

Yep. And whatever we would have spent on wages would have meant that any fee we had received would have been pretty insignificant in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports