Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Stoten (newhaven hero)

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
thats shit news, i know ben, was speaking to him not so long back when he was home on a bit on R&R.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Big sympathies on this.

Is there a collection point for Ben in Newhaven town centre in a shop or pub, as I am often visiting Newhaven at the moment.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
thats shit news, i know ben, was speaking to him not so long back when he was home on a bit on R&R.

My understanding with Ben is he has damaged his legs.

Not sure on a donation point but he drinks in the hampden, sure they will be doing something. Hope the community pulls together for him.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Big sympathies on this.

Is there a collection point for Ben in Newhaven town centre in a shop or pub, as I am often visiting Newhaven at the moment.

My wife was at her hairdressers this morning and was told about this. There's a collection box in there but Super Will Buckley has put a link for donations, with gift aid, in his post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My wife was at her hairdressers this morning and was told about this. There's a collection box in there but Super Will Buckley has put a link for donations, with gift aid, in his post. .

Oh bless him

Last edited by a moderator:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Sorry mate are you a Newhaven area lad also.
yes chum, know ben through a friend in the prince of wales reg. when he came back from afghan last time we were talking about squaddie stuff.

thought my days of having friends injured or killed in war zones were over :(

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I don't know Ben but as an ex forces man I am gutted every time I hear of one of our own getting injured so badly like this. Thankfully the fella is still alive and he will be getting the best care there is. Lets hope he recovers and he'll need all the support of his mates to get through a very long road to recovery. My thoughts are with you Ben, fight on fella.

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
grew up with ben and his family, propa gutting. there are collection boxes in a few pubs around the town for who ever asked.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Brother of Sean? All thoughts to him.

Edit: Just seen on FB.

Last edited:

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
That's terrible news I know him too.
One summer we had a who can row a child's inflatable dingy across the river and touch the other side contest outside the Ark one day and he was first up for the challenge and then just to top that he took the barmaid with him.
A really nice bloke. I do hope he's ok.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Please be aware I have been contacted by some of Ben's family regarding this thread and, as such, some specific detail has been removed on their request.

Please respect their wishes and refrain from specifics please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here