Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Roberts confirmed as new GK coach

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My favouite ever Albion goalkeeper coaching my second favourite Albion keeper, ****ing fantasic news.

Ben Roberts was brilliant, Hopefully we will see some penalty saves next season. Used to love how he stood a yard behind the line to jump forward. The little things in life.

Ben Roberts wasn't brilliant, he was ok ... just ok. Hope his coaching skills outweigh his playing skills. And yes he saved A penalty in the playoff semi-final shoot out against Swindon.

Welcome back though!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
:vuvu::vuvu::thumbsup:

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Great memories - how's the pulse JP?

Love it, I still watch Charlie's Millennium Diary every now and then, possibly the best thing I've ever bought from the club shop. Fans don't often get a chance to see behind the scenes in the changing room or hotel. Loved David Lee locking Dan Harding out on the balcony. "I'll jump down if i have to theres no way I'm paying 20 quid"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ben Roberts wasn't brilliant, he was ok ... just ok. Hope his coaching skills outweigh his playing skills. And yes he saved A penalty in the playoff semi-final shoot out against Swindon.

Welcome back though!
Unbelievable!

I saw the best save I've ever seen a keeper make, by Roberts at Valley Parade.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Welcome back Ben! I hope it's been made clear that our only chance of points this season depends upon managing 46 clean sheets.

Another Albion Backroom Argus Exclusive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Welcome back Ben! I hope it's been made clear that our only chance of points this season depends upon managing 46 clean sheets.

Another Albion Backroom Argus Exclusive.
I bet we only manage 45.

#blamestockdale

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Welcome back though!
An "ok" keeper with a clean sheet record for the club.

Was absolutely quality in both divisions for us, was a travesty he had to pack it in because of injury.

"Just ok" my arse.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love it, I still watch Charlie's Millennium Diary every now and then, possibly the best thing I've ever bought from the club shop. Fans don't often get a chance to see behind the scenes in the changing room or hotel. Loved David Lee locking Dan Harding out on the balcony. "I'll jump down if i have to theres no way I'm paying 20 quid"

Then Charlie going 'Tickle who's the best player at the club' :lol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
"Albion manager Chris Hughton told seagulls.co.uk, "We had a lot of very high calibre applicants for the job, but Ben stood out as our number one choice. His credentials are first class, and he already has an understanding of the club."

1) Is he high calibre?
2) What are his credentials?
3) What on earth doe he understand about this club? He played for us when the changing rooms were portaloos, under a different chairman, under 100% different circumstances.

Oh well, he was a good player for us, fingers crossed he'll be able to step up to the mark. .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
An "ok" keeper with a clean sheet record for the club.

Was absolutely quality in both divisions for us, was a travesty he had to pack it in because of injury.

"Just ok" my arse.

Agreed - Eoberts was brilliant for us and kept Kuipers out the side for a while... Awaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
"Albion manager Chris Hughton told seagulls.co.uk, "We had a lot of very high calibre applicants for the job, but Ben stood out as our number one choice. His credentials are first class, and he already has an understanding of the club."

1) Is he high calibre?
2) What are his credentials?
3) What on earth doe he understand about this club? He played for us when the changing rooms were portaloos, under a different chairman, under 100% different circumstances.

Oh well, he was a good player for us, fingers crossed he'll be able to step up to the mark. .

Your bad 1901 experience has turned you into a right bitter.

He understands a lot more than anyone who's NEVER been involved at the Albion, that's for sure having played at Withdean and been on Falmer marches, more than a lot of our new supporters can say. Oh and he's best mates with our first team coach.
He's been goalie coach at Yeovil and Charlton so has done the job before and is almost certainly well regarded in football having played in the Premier League and an FA Cup Final.

Who did you want to get the gig? Peter Schmeichel and David Seaman to share it between then? Jesus.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Your bad 1901 experience has turned you into a right bitter.

He understands a lot more than anyone who's NEVER been involved at the Albion, that's for sure having played at Withdean and been on Falmer marches, more than a lot of our new supporters can say. Oh and he's best mates with our first team coach.
He's been goalie coach at Yeovil and Charlton so has done the job before and is almost certainly well regarded in football having played in the Premier League and an FA Cup Final.

Who did you want to get the gig? Peter Schmeichel and David Seaman to share it between then? Jesus.

What bad experience are you referring to? I love it in there, it was crap, it's improved, and I'm still there.

As for the rest of it, I agree with you completely, and didn't say anything different, I asked questions. Though I can't really see how he can be said to know so much about this club when it bears so little resemblance to how it was when he played for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here