Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
DB7 was one of the most technically gifted players of the last 30 years. The man could drop a ball on someone's toe from 60 yards. This skill made him worthy of a place on the wing for the two biggest clubs in the world.

What's that proving r.e. Conway? He has nothing to his game beyond cutting inside and looping a cross straight onto a defender's head. No skill, no pace, no tricks, no goal threat = pointless as a winger.

I think you would have seen Conways worth if he had stayed, he got decent crosses in and I am certain he would have put plenty of balls onto Ulloa's head.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I rated Conway, hardly ever gave the ball away, was strong and had a good delivery. Finishing wasn't bad either, picking up a love pass from Spanish Dave to bang home against Leicester. I'm happy with Conway, Marshall or the Iranian. Or any other decent winger for that matter.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Seen him play a few times and would be a decent addition, although looking at the press (I know) it seems we are a long way from completing this deal. We don't appear to be having much luck with wingers after Iranian Ali and Murphy, I hope we are much further advance then the enquiry stage for a position I would consider as a key area needing strengthening. With KLL and March who are both inconsistent we will continue to struggle to make chances as it stands. But then again that is hardly news.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I can't believe some people actually rate Conway. I presume it's just because they've seen him score the odd goal since on TV since he left and therefore presume he must be brilliant, because he was totally ineffective for us. What is the point of a winger who isn't either very fast or very skilful?

Ben Marshall sounds much better to me. I would be very impressed with him.

So ineffective that he was man of the match vs Leicester when we beat them 3-0

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if we'll be down to 10th choice or more by the time we get a winger to agree to join us? Will we have to settle for another League One forward at the 11th hour??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if we'll be down to 10th choice or more by the time we get a winger to agree to join us? Will we have to settle for another League One forward at the 11th hour??

It seems a little odd that the club that prides itself on tellin no one nuffink is being 'reported' to have offered the same amount of money for so many wingers, up and down the country.

I know agents get blamed for everything, but the Albion's silence must make them an easy target to start these reports.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It seems a little odd that the club that prides itself on tellin no one nuffink is being 'reported' to have offered the same amount of money for so many wingers, up and down the country.

I know agents get blamed for everything, but the Albion's silence must make them an easy target to start these reports.

In other words, they can't win! Criticised whatever they do!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In other words, they can't win! Criticised whatever they do!
Oh no that's not what I'm saying.

I think the club desire to stay away from the press, on going reporting, and rumourmongering, is spot on.

But because of that it would be easy for someone to attempt to smoke out other clubs by saying:-
'Well Brighton are interested in player x at about £1.5m'.

Safe in the knowledge Brighton are the one club that won't confirm or deny.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I know nothing about Ben Marshall, but I certainly rated Conway whilst he was here and was disappointed when we didn't sign him permanently.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...shall/?ref=mac

If you read the news stories in this paper................Makes Brighton look like Eden in comparison. I would have thought there should be a queue to sing for the us. :shrug:

Lancashire Telegraph - "Man stabbed 30 times in brutal murder over tablet". "Man shot in head with 100 pellets in row over 6 year old child".

The Argus - "Students complain about sleep deprivation". "Wimbledon star helps hospice raise £27,000."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm beginning to wonder if our problem is that we are bidding for players who are above our station. Still, it shows ambition.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
This transfer won't happen by the sound of it, he's said he's happy up there, and they only have 18 players, having lost a load. If we get him it'll be a minor miracle - but would be good!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This transfer won't happen by the sound of it, he's said he's happy up there, and they only have 18 players, having lost a load. If we get him it'll be a minor miracle - but would be good!

The way we have been doing business so far this season anything is possible.

I think we have a few pokers in several fires, and are just stoking the flames to smoke out the pretenders...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here