Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Rumour is he does want to come here... But then apparently so did Adam Clayton...

Clayton didn't show up for two medicals at Boro. That's how much he didn't want to go there. Pretty sure he was waiting for our offer, which never materialised.
As it turns out, he got very lucky.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I suggested that possibly he doesnt live in Blackburn but in the country somewhere in a Moors village possibly. It was only a suggestion that he could stay in his house if he signed for Sheff Wed nothing definite, which could affect his final decision of which club to join if any.

Wasnt he on loan at Sheff Wed so has possibly made the journey often.

You're probably correct that it's a just about bearable daily journey at non rush hour times. However, in this case, I don't think that it's anything to do with his wishes that's holding the deal back.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
You're probably correct that it's a just about bearable daily journey at non rush hour times. However, in this case, I don't think that it's anything to do with his wishes that's holding the deal back.

Sheff Wed like most clubs would have a "bank" of properties to house their new arrivals in until they settle and move, or alternately of course he could just ask for a few hundred grand as part of his signing on fee and buy another house, quite popular i believe when your earning high six figures a year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Peter Ward told me he asked for a house as signing on when he joined Forest and suddenly a man appearred from behind a newspaper, Wardy had been talking to Peter Taylor, and said " Young man Peter Shil-ton the best goalkeeper in the world wouldnt get that as a signing on fee." Wardys introduction to Cloughie.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I was under the impression we had made a final offer of £3M which was rejected and we're now seeking alternative options. Is this thread just bobbing along on wishful thinking or am I wrong?
Think he'd be a decent signing but thought it was confirmed as a nonstarter.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I was under the impression we had made a final offer of £3M which was rejected and we're now seeking alternative options. Is this thread just bobbing along on wishful thinking or am I wrong?
Think he'd be a decent signing but thought it was confirmed as a nonstarter.

No one knows, club is so good at keeping who we are interested in secret we have to speculate untill deadline day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is this deal dead in the water??
Will he perform against us on Saturday.

Blackburn Rovers wanted £5m. Understandably, we didn't want to go that far.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm pretty sure we offered c£3m and they want c£5m.

I also think Marshall is keen on the move and is gutted that nothing has transpired yet.

I'm adding the 'yet' not out of any great expectation that something will happen, but that as the end of the transfer window approaches who knows what may happen, particularly with Blackburn seemingly in need of doing some wheeling and dealing to resolve their financial mess.

I also think there is something to the Venky's not being keen to sell any player to Championship rivals.

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton

I also think Marshall is keen on the move and is gutted that nothing has transpired yet.

I'm adding the 'yet' not out of any great expectation that something will happen, but that as the end of the transfer window approaches who knows what may happen, particularly with Blackburn seemingly in need of doing some wheeling and dealing to resolve their financial mess.

I also think there is something to the Venky's not being keen to sell any player to Championship rivals.

It seems like there has been a subtle change and players seem to actually want to come to us now as opposed to last summer when people were saying "haven't they seen our facilities?!". It may just be the players we are in for but it is positive nonetheless!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Has this been reported?

No. But a real 'reliable source' told me, then NSC ITK spoke of it, and both alluded to attention turning to Jamie Murphy. Murphy then signed a few days later. I'm happy to quote Bozza and those close to roots, as well as Peter O'Rourke. Apart from that I consider all else speculation.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Clayton didn't show up for two medicals at Boro. That's how much he didn't want to go there. Pretty sure he was waiting for our offer, which never materialised.
As it turns out, he got very lucky.

Yes. Im laying the blame at Burke for that one.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Sounds pretty similar to the Dunk Situation!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here