Ben Greenhalgh...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
There's lots of youtube videos of him on the show. Although its obviously hard to make any comparisons between what he has achieved and what it would be like for him in league one/championship he certainly does look a very technically gifted and skillful player. Im guessing he is a free agent now so no harm in a trial....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
bengreenhalgh.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He was on bench against Spurs the other week

Tyson Farago (ignore title as it's only a little passing comment.

Looked quality in the program while back

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Interesting. Looks to be very direct and skillful. Clearly Gus is looking at options should Lua Lua not be an option for next season.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Left sided player too. Not as easy to find.

How old is he now and how is it that he's without a club now?

I presume he is still only 18 or 19 as he was 17 when Footballs next star was filmed. I think he only won a 1 year contract with inter and probably wasn't good enough so was released.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Just had a quick look for some info and on an italian site they had links to his FB page.

Interstingly there's one mention of Brighton back in early feb.

Ben Greenhalgh
Brighton tonight...

February 2 at 5:39am via Mobile Web

and preceeding that...

Steve Cook
Alright greeny!!! Got all your stuff for tomorrow? x
February 1 at 6:40am

Probably not even talking about football but still makes him mates with Cook.

Oh the wonders of the world wide web.

if it helps on FM it states his previous club as Welling. On my game he's signed by Como in Italy although he has never been in Italy before this, strange....

No thats correct, he was there on loan from Inter or was released and went there. He's been on trial at Leyton Orient recently after a bit of searching, also long story but my friend has him on facebook and hes been with us for almost two months now in the DS.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
welling released him so that he could go onto the show!
bet their gutted now :p
and hes sot the same agency as rio ferdinand, he may want some overpriced wages...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
call me cynical but it seems a bit of sad somehow that as soon as the cameras were off him his career switched off too.

obviously has the skill but that is such a small part of professional football if you can't motivate yourself or be motivated to apply it

hope it works out for him and for us

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Too early to tell, But he's only young and could be a great talent, I think it's worth a punt,nothing to lose.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
seem to recall he played for a church team before he won that programme. He never should have won though, Connor Smith (who went to Watford) and Craig Walsh were much better.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Love bit of that video where it says he trains with all these star names, then it shows a training session where everyone is walking around and he's charging about like a mentalist. Maybe the warm up? Anyway sounds a great prospect at about the right level if his contemporaries went to Watford etc.

Fingers crossed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports