Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ben duncan green councillor = tosspot

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How many incidents have our security forces say they have stopped?
Im not just talking about Iraq either.
Synagogue shootings? I wonder what that was about.
Hang on a minute. In your first reply to me, you completely discounted attempted plots that had been foiled by the security forces. You can't now change your mind just because it serves you better.

How many actual terrorist incidents have there been in the UK as a direct consequence of our involvement in Iraq. Or Afghanistan if you want to change the rules on that debate too.

Can you not see that Islamic terror across Europe has an inevitability and we are probably no more or less a target if actual attacks (which seem to be your only marker when it suits you) are anything to go by.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems to me that, predictably, you've won the argument easily Buzzer. I'm sure he's finished CHUCKLING at me now and so now moved onto chuckling at you. I think that's what he does when his drivel is exposed. :shrug:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hang on a minute. In your first reply to me, you completely discounted attempted plots that had been foiled by the security forces. You can't now change your mind just because it serves you better.

How many actual terrorist incidents have there been in the UK as a direct consequence of our involvement in Iraq. Or Afghanistan if you want to change the rules on that debate too.

Can you not see that Islamic terror across Europe has an inevitability and we are probably no more or less a target if actual attacks (which seem to be your only marker when it suits you) are anything to go by.

Of course I can see Islamic rising...why is it rising?... Dont you think our military involvement in Islamic countries could just have some reason behind it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Of course I can see Islamic rising...why is it rising?... Dont you think our military involvement in Islamic countries could just have some reason behind it?
You know what? I can't be arsed going round in circles about this. You're not going to answer my questions and it's going to end up with you telling me you're laughing hysterically at something or other.

Have a good one, Dave.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have found this thread rather amusing on the sole grounds that daveinprague has been shown up as being rather clueless, yet refuses to accept it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Not really. I asked you what the lunatic planned to bomb...what was his target? Maybe he planned carnage on UK citizens. I dont know. Why would he want to do that?
People dont just wake up in the mornings and decide on mass killings as a rule..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When it wasnt an attack on the UK....yes.

But it was in part an attack on the UK, for all the reasons I've outlined, about ten times over. All you ever do is question things without answering any questions targeted at you. In this case, your best argument that it wasn't an attack on the UK is that it was an American plane. Very weak.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
But it was in part an attack on the UK, for all the reasons I've outlined, about ten times over. All you ever do is question things without answering any questions targeted at you. In this case, your best argument that it wasn't an attack on the UK is that it was an American plane. Very weak.

It was an attack on an American flag carrier. The luggage and explosives joined the chain in Frankfurt. The bomb was timed to explode over the Atlantic. Due to delays, it managed to explode over the UK. The fact that there were British passengers on the plane, really doesnt make it an attack on the UK in my eyes. I think your connection is extremely weak.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tosspot? They are not hired to kill then?

Personally I dont support war so I dont support the people making war or fighting in war, which includes soldiers. I dont support Help For Hero's (How are they Hero's?). I dont support their reasons for going there (oil ect) and I dont support marches/parades.

What I dont understand is, mosty people say stop war but they support the people who go there and fight them? THEIR the tosspots.

Flame me if you want, my opinion is my opinion. :albion2:

Can't make up my mind if you're just on a fishing trip or are really a sad little troll.

As for the troops, I'm sure those people flooded out in the West Country earlier this year were very grateful for their help ( and not a gun in sight ).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As Buzzer says, always round and round in circles with you. I'll consider a plane taking off from the UK, with 31 Britons on board, that happened to explode over Britain, an attack on Britain in part. You say it isn't because it was a PanAm plane. Let's just leave it there, presumably with you giggling.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tosspot? They are not hired to kill then?

Personally I dont support war so I dont support the people making war or fighting in war, which includes soldiers. I dont support Help For Hero's (How are they Hero's?). I dont support their reasons for going there (oil ect) and I dont support marches/parades.

What I dont understand is, mosty people say stop war but they support the people who go there and fight them? THEIR the tosspots.

Flame me if you want, my opinion is my opinion. :albion2:
These people choose to join the army as a career move, but will do exactly as they're told by the elected government of the day. Rudyard Kipling says it better than I ever could about people like you:

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";
But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,
The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"
But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",
But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As Buzzer says, always round and round in circles with you. I'll consider a plane taking off from the UK, with 31 Britons on board, that happened to explode over Britain, an attack on Britain in part. You say it isn't because it was a PanAm plane. Let's just leave it there, presumably with you giggling.

Oh yar...presumably.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Careful simster , he'll be telling you what a 'nitwit' you are in a minute.

*****yes, yes dave , bushy-bottler blah, blah, blah zzzzzzzzzzz*****

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
At least I wont be calling him a gum-flapping, bottling **** eh.

However, I see that you recognise your condition. Its a start puss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here