Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Ben Brown loses captains role

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Ben Brown has been dismissed as captain, Tom Haines taking over

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh dear.... Is this a disciplinary thing? If we have given our best player The Archer as skip he might well say sod you and leave.... Where does that leave us?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear.... Is this a disciplinary thing? If we have given our best player The Archer as skip he might well say sod you and leave.... Where does that leave us?

Just checked out the Sussex CCC website - they sure as hell aren't telling anything!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't know why he's leaving or where he's gonna go?

Maybe he wasn't considered the right person for the role? or he even asked to stand down? no shame in either if that's true. Why do peeps automatically assume that the worst case scenario is true?.

Perhaps he will just stay as a player, and isn't going anywhere.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Maybe he wasn't considered the right person for the role? or he even asked to stand down? no shame in either if that's true. Why do peeps automatically assume that the worst case scenario is true?.

I've never heard of him. Is he in the U18s

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
I felt the captaincy was possibly too much with keeping and being our most consistent bat as well. I really hope he's not going though, he's Sussex through and through. Is this a backlash after him backing Gillespie? Talk of fall outs etc. Always saw his as a player who gives all for his team. Things just getting worse at the club - yes there are some good youngsters coming through but we need some experience as well. Hope he stays

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

It was, obviously, a crap joke in reference to the smokie song in the reply to 'wtf is Ben Brown'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here