Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Not too long ago, our work banned the eating of hot food at our desks (didn't want us to spoil the new refurb'd office), so any visit to the men's toilet between 8-10 would often be livened up by a bloke sat on the sink eating a sausage sandwich.

The rule didn't last long - I believe one particularly pedantic bugger let his soup go cold and tried to eat it at his desk, and the collective minds of our HR team couldn't work out if he'd broken a rule or not. Easier to just abandon it in the end.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not too long ago, our work banned the eating of hot food at our desks (didn't want us to spoil the new refurb'd office), so any visit to the men's toilet between 8-10 would often be livened up by a bloke sat on the sink eating a sausage sandwich.

The rule didn't last long - I believe one particularly pedantic bugger let his soup go cold and tried to eat it at his desk, and the collective minds of our HR team couldn't work out if he'd broken a rule or not. Easier to just abandon it in the end.

Nice euphemism. Good work.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was in Trap 2 today when the door crashed in Trap 1 disturbing my peace and quiet (world of tank being my preference for a gaming break) Expecting the normal sounds and smell to come wafting over, to my horror the tell tale sound of Schlup schlup schlup starts to eminate instead. Who has a crafty one of the wrist at work? Working in IT it's not as if we are surrounded by hot marketing checks and material is zero. I wanted to find out who it was but listening to the shooting match was too much for me

World of tank meets Tommy Tank

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was in Trap 2 today when the door crashed in Trap 1 disturbing my peace and quiet (world of tank being my preference for a gaming break) Expecting the normal sounds and smell to come wafting over, to my horror the tell tale sound of Schlup schlup schlup starts to eminate instead. Who has a crafty one of the wrist at work? Working in IT it's not as if we are surrounded by hot marketing checks and material is zero. I wanted to find out who it was but listening to the shooting match was too much for me

If you want to identify the :tosser: i think you may have to narrow it down a bit :wink:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Someone from my work just called my mobile. I work a Monday to Friday in an office and it's Saturday.

What's all that about?
If its a work phone, why is it on in the first place? If it's a personal phone, why do they have your number?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Someone from my work just called my mobile. I work a Monday to Friday in an office and it's Saturday.

What's all that about?

1. Business continuity test, or
2. Do you have PPI/have you been injured in a car accident/accident at work, or
3. You have royally f@ckd something up

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh FFS. Woman sat near me - hot desking environment - has just spent literally 20 minutes (having arrived at dead on 9am) wiping down EVERY single surface on her desk with disinfectant wipes - including all the cables.

Shouldn't annoy me but it does. I don't believe we have an office leprosy outbreak.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Oh FFS. Woman sat near me - hot desking environment - has just spent literally 20 minutes (having arrived at dead on 9am) wiping down EVERY single surface on her desk with disinfectant wipes - including all the cables.

Shouldn't annoy me but it does. I don't believe we have an office leprosy outbreak.

Agree that's a bit OTT, but it reminds me of the time someone I know did a week's freelancing at a national newspaper. After a couple of days, they developed an eye infection. When they mentioned it, one of the permanent members of staff said, 'That's strange - the person who worked at that desk last week got an eye infection, too.'

*boak*

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
One for the Bell Cheese in your life...

11947975_10153831587401294_7731227409877357190_o.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was in Trap 2 today when the door crashed in Trap 1 disturbing my peace and quiet (world of tank being my preference for a gaming break) Expecting the normal sounds and smell to come wafting over, to my horror the tell tale sound of Schlup schlup schlup starts to eminate instead.

How I wish you hadn't said that. Every time they mention Leicester City's Jeffrey Schlupp on Match of the Day now, that's going to pop into my head :nono:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

There's one of those in our office as well, it was once suggested that if she wanted to disinfect every surface in that detail she should probably come in early, rather than waste the first god knows how long each day doing it.

She raised a complaint and went to HR. Seriously.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There's one of those in our office as well, it was once suggested that if she wanted to disinfect every surface in that detail she should probably come in early, rather than waste the first god knows how long each day doing it.

She raised a complaint and went to HR. Seriously.

LOL - the bloody woman doing it in our office is IN HR.....'Training and Education'

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One for the Bell Cheese in your life...

attachment.php

We actually had that mug at an office I used to work in. Sadly it never had the desired effect of making someone realise they are a ****.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Its boiling in my office, the temperature is currently showing as 27 degrees. Yet instead of the people that are apparantly cold putting on more clothes they insist on the temperature being turned up. Im a dripping pool of sweat.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This thread is amazing, I'd never clicked on it before and since I'm supposed to be working I thought I'd have a browse. I started at page 100 and fell in love. Did the bell cheese at work consultancy get off the ground in the end?

My favourite tale is from Easy10 about the fussock who grazes all day and repeats the last word of other's sentences. I loved that.

Me:“The meetings been put back an hour, so we’re going to be in the meeting room downst..”
Muncher: "Downstairs" (nod)
Me: "...airs"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here