Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Is it bad that since reading this I've developed an irrational urge to look up the current weather in New York?

I wouldn’t waste your time, they got a connection flight from there to Kansas where it is roughly 26 degrees Celsius.

I should know, I’ve overheard it 700 times in the last couple of hours.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I wouldn’t waste your time, they got a connection flight from there to Kansas where it is roughly 26 degrees Celsius.

I should know, I’ve overheard it 700 times in the last couple of hours.
Let's be clear about this, whether it's a complete waste of time for me to look up the weather in New York is entirely unrelated to whether your boss is in Kansas.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes, that's what my company has decided to call it too. No one is actually calling them that in conversation though. "You need to talk to People & Culture"

Apparently I'm a "people leader" too. Again, everyone just says manager.
'The P & C Team'?

Sounds a bit lavatorial to me.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I gave some anonymous feedback after our Company "All Hands" meeting last week

View attachment 182746
I've worked with a few professions that refer to "three legged stool" as if it's unique to them and has a common understanding. "70:20:10" is another one. Not only does it not help understanding it potentially creates misinterpretations too. The bell cheeses.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We have someone new working on our floor today. I printed an NDA off and walked over to the printer to collect it. When I arrived, this new person was standing by the printer also waiting for a document. A document which was clearly mine printed off first, but instead of handing to me this IMBECILE announced that it wasn't theirs and promptly put it in the SHREDDER.
Is he head of data privacy 🤣

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've worked with a few professions that refer to "three legged stool" as if it's unique to them and has a common understanding. "70:20:10" is another one. Not only does it not help understanding it potentially creates misinterpretations too. The bell cheeses.
I actually think our head of finance is incapable of speaking normal English. Even when people were asking questions at the end she immediately went back into buzzwords speak. She just couldn't give a simple, comprehensible answer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I actually think our head of finance is incapable of speaking normal English. Even when people were asking questions at the end she immediately went back into buzzwords speak. She just couldn't give a simple, comprehensible answer.
Nothing beats '2012'.

And 'head of deliverance'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here