Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You, I should imagine. Yes you, with your inane right-on interjections.

Personally I don’t mind smelly racists as long as they not black racists LOLZ, smelly Africans on the other hand (not the white ones though, they’re OK). Actually some Asians smell like curry, it’s like they have baths in Vindaloo LOLZ. Actually thinking about it, some white Europeans don’t wash and have really bad BO, I nearly passed out once standing next to one, but they’re white, ARGH I just don’t know.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
You, I should imagine. Yes you, with your inane right-on interjections.

I'm not remotely offended by your description of your work colleague but would like to point out that calling him a 'smelly asian' would be regarded as a racial slur by a lot of people. Bringing his race into it is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the sentence, excusing and justifying it by saying, "he is smelly and Asian" doesn't make it sound any less casually racist whether you like it or not and calling the other two Asians top blokes doesn't cancel out calling him a 'smelly asian'. If your 3 colleagues were all black would you feel equally comfortable substituting the word Asian for Black? I'm sure you are not a racist but you have to accept that the term 'smelly asian' would be seen by many to be a casually racist description.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not remotely offended by your description of your work colleague but would like to point out that calling him a 'smelly asian' would be regarded as a racial slur by a lot of people. Bringing his race into it is unnecessary and doesn't add anything to the sentence, excusing and justifying it by saying, "he is smelly and Asian" doesn't make it sound any less casually racist whether you like it or not and calling the other two Asians top blokes doesn't cancel out calling him a 'smelly asian'. If your 3 colleagues were all black would you feel equally comfortable substituting the word Asian for Black? I'm sure you are not a racist but you have to accept that the term 'smelly asian' would be seen by many to be a casually racist description.

I wouldn't actually dispute what you've said there. Indeed I thought it as I wrote it if I'm being honest with myself. What I would say is that pulling me up for it in the smug, superior way he did seems a bit out of date, and smacks of being offended on other people's behalf. Classic sixth form politics. In the general scheme of things, is it that important really?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Smug and superior is your speciality isn't it? Well done on pulling him for nicking your modus operandi

I wouldn't actually dispute what you've said there. Indeed I thought it as I wrote it if I'm being honest with myself. What I would say is that pulling me up for it in the smug, superior way he did seems a bit out of date, and smacks of being offended on other people's behalf. Classic sixth form politics. In the general scheme of things, is it that important really?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

That's fair enough, I'm rarely genuinely offended by anything anyone ever says or types and can't get offended on other peoples behalf, I've posted far worse than that in moments of anger or stupidness but one comment doesn't define who I or indeed you are.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Haven't got time to read over the full details of this argument, could someone ping over a brief run through of the main topics so I can take it offline and feedback my findings by close of play tomorrow?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I read this thread on a regular basis, I think it's my favourite, so, back on track.
I don't work with any bellcheeses, there's only me and my missus, but the bloke who used to deliver my egg order smells basically. He has breath that would be offensive to a person with no nose, and his B.O. was at that sour onion stage, but even worse was the jokes, or puns on eggs.
From" EGGcellent" when I paid him to "It's no yoke" to anything, to "You'll have to SHELL out £28 pound a box" when asked the price. There were a fair few others, but, thankfully I have managed to wipe them from my memory.
It got so bad, that in the end I changed supplier even though I now pay slightly more, it's really worth it though

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I read this thread on a regular basis, I think it's my favourite, so, back on track.
I don't work with any bellcheeses, there's only me and my missus, but the bloke who used to deliver my egg order smells basically. He has breath that would be offensive to a person with no nose, and his B.O. was at that sour onion stage, but even worse was the jokes, or puns on eggs.
From" EGGcellent" when I paid him to "It's no yoke" to anything, to "You'll have to SHELL out £28 pound a box" when asked the price. There were a fair few others, but, thankfully I have managed to wipe them from my memory.
It got so bad, that in the end I changed supplier even though I now pay slightly more, it's really worth it though

Just be thankful you don't have fish delivered.
Puns really are for *****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here