Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A new one on me but it was discussed on The James & Robins podcast.

Pre meeting meetings?

Everyone invited to the meeting gets together beforehand to talk through the meeting, in order to make the meeting quicker!

I think the pre-meeting meeting usually excludes the CJTCs who are going to completely derail the main meeting.

So, if you don't get invited to the pre-meeting meeting...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Whistling is a pet hate of mine at work - and singing. It’s so distracting for my tiny mind. My mate is the worst offender. He doesn’t just whistle naturally, he really performs it and concentrated on it. Emmerdale farm is one of his performances - just get in everyone’s head. So annoying!

Whistling is evil. Very much frowned upon on her majesties ships. Historical view is that whistling could be confused with the giving of orders using the Bosun’s Call (nice shiny whistle), whereas the real reason is because its ****ing annoying and only **** whistles on a ship![emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think the pre-meeting meeting usually excludes the CJTCs who are going to completely derail the main meeting.

So, if you don't get invited to the pre-meeting meeting...

Do they have a meeting to decide who is going to be at the pre-meeting meeting?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Do they have a meeting to decide who is going to be at the pre-meeting meeting?

I think that gets decided in the post-meeting meeting of the previous meeting.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Whistling is evil. Very much frowned upon on her majesties ships. Historical view is that whistling could be confused with the giving of orders using the Bosun’s Call (nice shiny whistle), whereas the real reason is because its ****ing annoying and only **** whistles on a ship![emoji35]

If I was going on Room 101 whistling would be my top choice. Followed by people who stand still on flat travelators in airports. It’s flat - walk you lazy ****s!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I was going on Room 101 whistling would be my top choice. Followed by people who stand still on flat travelators in airports. It’s flat - walk you lazy ****s!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why walk when you can stand??

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Early morning bell cheesery in the office today as hot desking leads to one of the PMs huffing and puffing for 10 minutes and wandering around scavenging cables, docking stations and keyboards from multiple other desks whilst telling everyone how annoying it is. I fear this will inevitably be repeated tomorrow when she sits at a different desk. Strangely everyone else seems to be able to come in to work and crack on without such drama.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not sure if it qualifies as being a bell cheese, but a few years ago one of the guys in our office managed to arrange that he finished 45 minutes before anyone else when there were some roadworks on the A27 (claiming it was because of his long travel time to Polegate from .....Peacehaven :rolleyes:) which, even though it was meant to only be for 3 weeks, hes managed to carry on for 5+ years. And now hes also decided he wants to work from home on a Friday (and got his own way), which has never EVER been an option for anyone in the company because of the type of work we do. He basically throws a teenage strop (hes 47) about things until he gets his own way (having a new PC when he wants one, a new air conditioning unit for his office when he gets a sniffle are just 2 examples), and the bosses are too scared to upset him as he is the only one here who can do his job....so they just give in to him.

Lets just say hes not the most popular person in the company with anyone....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure if it qualifies as being a bell cheese, but a few years ago one of the guys in our office managed to arrange that he finished 45 minutes before anyone else when there were some roadworks on the A27 (claiming it was because of his long travel time to Polegate from .....Peacehaven :rolleyes:) which, even though it was meant to only be for 3 weeks, hes managed to carry on for 5+ years. And now hes also decided he wants to work from home on a Friday (and got his own way), which has never EVER been an option for anyone in the company because of the type of work we do. He basically throws a teenage strop (hes 47) about things until he gets his own way (having a new PC when he wants one, a new air conditioning unit for his office when he gets a sniffle are just 2 examples), and the bosses are too scared to upset him as he is the only one here who can do his job....so they just give in to him.

think someone needs to point out to management the inherent business risk of only one person able to do a job, and train others to do it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Single point of failure from poor management of resources it sounds to me. Should raise it.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Yes, it qualifies as a bell cheese in my book and of course good old WFH on a Friday is absolutely critical, particularly for senior management.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'm afraid as a self employed home renovator i am recently on a bad run of bell cheeses ....a painter friend put me on to some swiss people who wanted a home cinema , i quoted the whole job and was cherry picked , basically had the electrical and sound and vision cabling taken out of my price , i went to the job this morning and the trades involved have absolutely trashed the joint .....the swiss bell ends seem to think this is my fault ....i am speechless frankly and have been asked to attend a crisis meeting at 6.30 a.m in the morning .......ffs ,ffs & oh for **** sake once again...:lolol: :lolol: i might video it for a laugh .....daft *****.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Early morning bell cheesery in the office today as hot desking leads to one of the PMs huffing and puffing for 10 minutes and wandering around scavenging cables, docking stations and keyboards from multiple other desks whilst telling everyone how annoying it is. I fear this will inevitably be repeated tomorrow when she sits at a different desk. Strangely everyone else seems to be able to come in to work and crack on without such drama.

Thus increasing my hatred of PMs it’s endemic in their population where I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I am experiencing absolutely WORLD CLASS levels of bellcheesery here today. I can't go into any details at the moment but honestly it's mindbendingly spectacularly ridiculous.

Sorry to not share any specifics, but I really just had to let NSC know.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
I am experiencing absolutely WORLD CLASS levels of bellcheesery here today. I can't go into any details at the moment but honestly it's mindbendingly spectacularly ridiculous.

:needpics:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I run a resource meeting every Friday. After todays I asked what I thought was a valid question along the lines of 'Shall we bother as hardly anyone is in the Christmas week'

"I don't see any value in going ahead" said one of the key members of the management team
"I'm off next Friday" Said another
"So am I"
"There is a change restriction in place and a 2 week contractor shut down" Chimed the ops lead

Guess What? Yep. Call goes ahead as planned, same time, same place. Apparently, there is "Value" in us having the call

FFS

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
i'm afraid as a self employed home renovator i am recently on a bad run of bell cheeses ....a painter friend put me on to some swiss people who wanted a home cinema , i quoted the whole job and was cherry picked , basically had the electrical and sound and vision cabling taken out of my price , i went to the job this morning and the trades involved have absolutely trashed the joint .....the swiss bell ends seem to think this is my fault .....

Surely you mean "Swiss Cheeses" in the context of this thread...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'm looking forward to this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here