Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Bell Cheeses at Home

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The dog's just thrown up. I work from home anyway but it looks she felt she ought to do something dramatic

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have worked from home for three years now. I am lucky I had a spare room that I could turn in to an office so I can keep work separate from the rest of house.
I know this is a tongue in cheek thread but here are my top tips for home working

If you have it, find a place where you will not be distracted.
shower/bath and get dressed before starting work, obviously does not have be smart office wear, but to a level that if there is an impromptu video conference call or needed pop down the shops, you would be OK.
Do not have any food at your desk but have something to drink.
Take a lunch break and eat it away from where you are working.
No TV on, but radio or music streaming is good.
Keep in contact with your work colleagues the same as you would if you were in the office, using collaboration tools.
Stay off NSC (balls! broken my own rule)

I don't think home working is for everyone, but I don't think I would like to go back to being full time in an office now. When I do I find the distractions irritating and I have got used to my own company.

Video conferencing - wear a smart shirt, but pyjama trousers can stay on.

But don’t leave your chair at any stage in the call.

Jul 7, 2003
The people who join video conferences with crap internet connection who insist on leaving their cameras on despite not having the bandwidth to support it because some numpty in HR decided we should all switch our cameras on to make meetings more personal:angry:

The dog which my wife says sits quietly all day long has decided to bark at every bird or aeroplane that flies anywhere near our house

Lack of sport to put on in the background - thank god they let racing go ahead behind closed doors.

However, if you want some distraction, there are some appalling long forgotten comedies hidden away on the lesser known Sky channels. I've found 'That's My Boy' with Mollie Sugden, 'Slinger's Day' with Bruce Forsyth, 'Executive Stress' with Penelope Keith - let alone all the usual reruns of Never The Twain, Allo Allo and Hi-De-Hi.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Be grateful, got up this morning to find one of mine had decided to throw up on the door mat - lovely 6am surprise ! Maybe he's got Corona ?

Mine chucks up regularly - he bolts his food, the greedy little fecker. I remind him often that he's *that close* to being reconstituted as a Davy Crockett hat, but he takes no notice. :shrug:

Jul 7, 2003
On my latest video conference, our senior manager asked if everyone was okay and not getting depressed with being stuck home. One of my colleagues responded that it wasn't an issue as it was really helping him catch up on his Netflix box sets!

For another sugestion to break the boredom, I saw on twitter the other day that Doctors (daytime drama?) had an episode where someone went to their doctor as everyone they saw looked like Joe Pasquele and he was playing all the parts!

Sounds very surreal so might be worth looking up on the iPlayer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am WFH for the foreseeable future, so I'm off for a pint at the Winchester until this whole thing blows over.

shaunofthedead2.jpg

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I am WFH for the foreseeable future, so I'm off for a pint at the Winchester until this whole thing blows over.

shaunofthedead2.jpg

Won't the Winchester be shut soon enough?

Personally, I'd enforce the shutting of my local spoons. Forget the bio-weapon in Wuhan theory. I reckon Corona was created by a special mix of 2-4-1 lunchtime Scampi, chips and peas, mixed with Guinness farts and the smell of old drunk people who hadn't showered for 6 weeks in the Duck and Bat at Mansfield.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Won't the Winchester be shut soon enough?

Personally, I'd enforce the shutting of my local spoons. Forget the bio-weapon in Wuhan theory. I reckon Corona was created by a special mix of 2-4-1 lunchtime Scampi, chips and peas, mixed with Guinness farts and the smell of old drunk people who hadn't showered for 6 weeks in the Duck and Bat at Mansfield.
The Winchester was open when the zombies attacked, it will remain a safe haven from Chinese Sniffles I'm sure. Or indeed Mansfield Sniffles for that matter.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On my latest video conference, our senior manager asked if everyone was okay and not getting depressed with being stuck home. One of my colleagues responded that it wasn't an issue as it was really helping him catch up on his Netflix box sets!

For another sugestion to break the boredom, I saw on twitter the other day that Doctors (daytime drama?) had an episode where someone went to their doctor as everyone they saw looked like Joe Pasquele and he was playing all the parts!

Sounds very surreal so might be worth looking up on the iPlayer.

Boss called me with something quite urgent today, but I was out for a run. When I called him back, he was out for a run :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Giving WFH a go now - unfortunately my son has just hit the terrible twos pretty hard - previously an angelic child, now throws tantrums at the littlest things. Will see how we get on.

I feel your pain, with the added complications of a new sister to contend with. He's had my full attention for the last month and now I've just started back at work as it is not possible for me to work from home.

Is it out of order to suggest a 2 year old can be a bell cheese?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Was in the middle of a conference call yesterday on my mobile. My 84 year old mum called me 3 times in the middle of it - despite me sending her a text telling her I was busy.

Then my daughter called twice to ask if she should come home from uni.

I love the office!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's the fake Job convo that gets me every time

"We'd love to employ you here and we'd give you 50,000 Aus $"

Knowing full well, they never get a Visa for someone to sing in a boozer and pay the pie in the sky wages on offer but Dave from Dudley starts seeing pound notes and then shows a New Zealand flag as to where he wants to live.

The other day some South African Doris had moved to England, Back to South Africa, Back to England and now wanted to move to New Zealand as she had decided that she liked neither place. The kids and husband - whose life looked like the worst kind of human misery possible - trudged around after her as she turned her nose up at houses she couldn't afford agreeing with anything she said through fear of disagreeing. I was so annoyed I had to turn over to The Sweeney on ITV4

Ha, I'm going to stick one on now, treat myself!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here