Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being 'ready to go up'

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Around 4 weeks ago probably 90% of fans actually thought that relegation was a real possibility with Hypia as Manager.

Under Hughton you can already see that the 90% who thought relegation was a distinct possibility. I bet that has probably dropped to around 60%. That in itself shoows the confidence that CH has instilled in the fans in a very short space of time.

If he has managed that with the fans i guarantee he has instilled that confidence and more among the players.

Being confident of not being relegated is on thing but comtemplating promotion is another and rthey are a world apart. Hughton has already said that play off's next year is a distinct possibility. He didn't even address the relegation issue because he is probably very confident in this own ability and that of the players that he doesnt even fear relegation this year.

You can see from the signing's like Leon Best that these are short term measures, hence the length of the contract to the end of the season. he obviously is going to plan his assault on the play offs next year and whilst it is nice that some fans are already thinking of the play offs, we need to keep a check on reality.

Building a squad takes at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to do so and when Hughton has had that under his belt then I have every confidence that we will be ready for Promotion

SeagullsEatChips

Jan 26, 2015
Sadly I think it will be a few more years till we get another chance.

Still though, atleast Palace wont be able to batter us again next time we get there

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No team is ever really 'ready to go up' to the premier league.

The key is just to take the chance when you can, and then have a sensational summer transfer window.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You take your chance and go for it. We had a good team then, worthy of the chance with some additions. Our time will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here