Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being ‘nearly there’ seems more frustrating than being rubbish.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Fans need to appreciate that sport does not always go the way you want it to, or the way you might expect. That's why it's fascinating. We're certainly one of the best teams in the Championship, but sadly for us there are 6-7 others who also fit into that group. Traditionally we aren't one of the best in the country so are probably about where we 'should' be in the league - top half of the 2nd division with the odd flirtation with the the 1st and the occasional battle against relegation, very much like Crystal Palace. I'd be fairly surprised if we have a sustained run in the Premier League, although if Wigan can then enything's possible!

This season is still far from over, and if we make the play-offs then great. If we go up, even better. If we don't we try again next year like everyone else.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's mad but I think Poyet almost did TOO well last season. If he'd got us to where we should have been (around 13th) and then followed it up with how we're doing now, all the nay sayers would be CHUFFED.

We over-achieved last season and we're doing nicely this season. You lose context of the overall picture very easily in football.

The best example (ever) is Charlton. Their fans felt it was time for Curbishly to go. They wern't happy just 'consolodating' mid-table in the prem every season. He stood down eventually and they PLUMMITED down the leagues. What they would give for that now.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
It's mad but I think Poyet almost did TOO well last season. If he'd got us to where we should have been (around 13th) and then followed it up with how we're doing now, all the nay sayers would be CHUFFED.

We over-achieved last season and we're doing nicely this season. You lose context of the overall picture very easily in football.

The best example (ever) is Charlton. Their fans felt it was time for Curbishly to go. They wern't happy just 'consolodating' mid-table in the prem every season. He stood down eventually and they PLUMMITED down the leagues. What they would give for that now.

You do make a very good point there, i have been guilty of not looking at the bigger picture this season, in fact not getting relegated last year would have been seen as a good season im my eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here