Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being a casual

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Are you ok?

The random naming of gay celebrities is a bit weird my old fruit

Is Mark Owen gay? I think you're getting a bit hopeful there.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ah the ignorance of youth. Back in the day, combing your hair was considered vain. Casual culture changed the image and perception of the whole generation both here and worldwide. Now Britain is one of the most fashion conscious places on earth, fighting and football etc may well be where it was born, but all that was a long time ago.

Dressing well and taking care of yourself is mainstream now, nothing to do with hooligans at all...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Casuals were a load of Pansies who found acceptance within a group of highly vain young men.

These days, if you cared that much about your image like the casuals did, No one would think you're tough.

Oh, the irony of someone who claims to be a free-thinker trotting out the same tired old cliches garnered from nothing more than Thatcher governments, red top newspapers and Hollywood films.

Here's an interesting take on casual culture: The Turner Prize winning artist Mark Leckey did a brilliant mash-up video called "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore" back in his student days where he traced Northern Soul to casual culture to the late 80s acid rave scene. He was inspired by the nihilism and pure escapism that all three scenes brought to their exponents. And of course the authorities didn't understand any of those 3 scenes - and what they don't understand they fear and what they fear they try to ban.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are you ok?

The random naming of gay celebrities is a bit weird my old fruit

No he's not. He's the bloke on the board with the most prejudices yet he'll insist he's got the least.

Lois cords / farahs / Fred Perry for me back in the day but lost the look totally when I got in to dance music and replaced it more with combats / Stussy. These days it's comfortable old man clothes and Adidas trainers :thumbsup:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Ah the ignorance of youth. Back in the day, combing your hair was considered vain. Casual culture changed the image and perception of the whole generation both here and worldwide. Now Britain is one of the most fashion conscious places on earth, fighting and football etc may well be where it was born, but all that was a long time ago.

Dressing well and taking care of yourself is mainstream now, nothing to do with hooligans at all...

The Casuals were a load of metrosexuals who turned up to football matches to prance about in their latest fashion wear. Why on earth do we still hear about them?

Britain is definitely not the most fashion conscious place on earth. Go to Italy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh, the irony of someone who claims to be a free-thinker trotting out the same tired old cliches garnered from nothing more than Thatcher governments, red top newspapers and Hollywood films.

Here's an interesting take on casual culture: The Turner Prize winning artist Mark Leckey did a brilliant mash-up video called "Fiorucci Made Me Hardcore" back in his student days where he traced Northern Soul to casual culture to the late 80s acid rave scene. He was inspired by the nihilism and pure escapism that all three scenes brought to their exponents. And of course the authorities didn't understand any of those 3 scenes - and what they don't understand they fear and what they fear they try to ban.

Also THIS :thumbsup:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No he's not. He's the bloke on the board with the most prejudices yet he'll insist he's got the least.

Could you name a few of my many Prejudices please?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Casuals were a load of metrosexuals who turned up to football matches to prance about in their latest fashion wear. Why on earth do we still hear about them?

Britain is definitely not the most fashion conscious place on earth. Go to Italy.

Seriously - you're talking so much crap, you're embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.

And no-one on this thread claimed Britain was the most fashion conscious. What a ridiculous non-sequitur and completely pointless assertion to argue one way or the other.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
And no-one on this thread claimed Britain was the most fashion conscious. What a ridiculous and meaningless non-sequitur.

Yes they did. Post 22 "Now Britain is one of the most fashion conscious places on earth"

So Britain is fashionable because of The Casuals? And there was me thinking I was the delusional one.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Seriously - you're talking so much crap, you're embarrassing yourself with your ignorance.

And no-one on this thread claimed Britain was the most fashion conscious. What a ridiculous non-sequitur and completely pointless assertion to argue one way or the other.

Actually I did! :D

Anyone who thinks all Italian's are all fashionable clearly hasn't seen much of the country let alone worked there like me...

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Didn't you claim to be dyslexic and moan at other users for picking up on your, at times, painful use of English? If you're now resorting to playing the grammar police in this thread then you know you've hit rock bottom.

What's the harm in helping a fellow dyslexic?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes they did. Post 22 "Now Britain is one of the most fashion conscious places on earth"

So Britain is fashionable because of The Casuals? And there was me thinking I was the delusional one.

Ah, I stand corrected - I didn't see that post and it's still a ridiculous assertion in my view. I'm now going to make this the last time I respond to you on this thread as you ALWAYS make it about you and I for one would rather talk about casuals with people who know what they are talking about. I'd suggest everyone else ignore your rants too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here