Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Begovic to Bournemouth

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
If Stockdale leaves its with my blessing, he probably wants a 4 year deal, we probably have offered 2, maybe give 3 years with an option??, I expect our offer is more than £20K a week, and who knows what Chelsea would offer

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If Stockdale leaves its with my blessing, he probably wants a 4 year deal, we probably have offered 2, maybe give 3 years with an option??, I expect our offer is more than £20K a week, and who knows what Chelsea would offer

thats another thing... Chelsea have a policy of 1 year only deals for over 30yo.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But we're always being told that footballers aren't happy unless they're playing every week.

Lets hope that is the truth, can't understand why anyone would pass up playing regularly just to earn a bit of extra cash.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Lets hope that is the truth, can't understand why anyone would pass up playing regularly just to earn a bit of extra cash.

It's not just "a bit of extra cash" though, is it. In Stockdale's case, if he did join Chelsea, he'd likely treble his salary, sure he'd play less games but he'd probably get a few Champions League appearances and a far greater chance to pick up some silverware. I wouldn't hold it against him if he did leave.

May 24, 2017
Tbf it probably has dawned on him just what he'll be facing next season....can't blame him for getting while his 'stock' is relatively high.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There is the signing on fee to consider too. Guess, but that alone could be a £1m plus the salary increase. Likely to be the last big money contract he will sign too. Tough to walk away from that even for an extra 20 games a season. I dread to think what Bournemouth must be offering Begovic to go there? He would've been an upgrade on Stockdale but no way we could've sanctioned that sort of outlay on a goalie 1st season in the PL. Surprised Everton haven't gone in for him or even Arsenal, let alone 'plucky' little Bournemouth...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
What will Bournemouth council do with it when they go and build their own 10k capaity stadium.

It's owned by Structadene rather than the council, so it will be their problem. I hope that they are left with a very expensive piece of land that they can't rent out to anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here