Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Before everyone starts having a meltdown. Lets take stock and put things into perspective

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Nope. Just your opinion. Which is no better or worse than anybody else's opinion.

Hmmmm.....

Made the play offs - FACT

The injuries to key players - FACT

Highest average attendance in Championship/Season tickets sold - FACT

Yep you have got me there TH. All my opinion.

Dec 29, 2011
3. We have a plethora of young talent bursting through into the first team. Ince has the potential to be our greatest ever midfielder whilst all 3 of March, Dunk and JFC show promise.

This is most exciting for me. Dunk, March, JFC, Ince, Chicken and Monakana all have potential to be Premier League/ Championship players in the future. Watching them develop over the years will be a joy, when was the last time a youth player came through the academy and we watched them progress into a Premier League player?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's disappointing to go out 6-2 but most of us would have settled even for the chance to lose 6-2 in PO last August. Cardiff lost 5-0 to West Ham in 2012 and walked the division next year (and probably will be crap next season which sort of shows how these things go..).

The commentator on SS was right: we are not far off being a very good team. I don't buy that Championship will be more difficult next season. The relegated sides hold no fear unless Fulham's young brigade deliver quicktime. Wolves will be contenders undoubtedly and watch Middlesbrough and Blackburn but otherwise see no reason we cannot compete at top level again. Reasons to be cheerful...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You could counter argue all these points. A plethora of young talent?

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
1. This was Oscar Garcia's first season in charge of an English football team and he managed to steer us into the play-offs. Imagine what he can do next season with a full pre season to shape and strengthen the squad with HIS players.

2. The injuries received this season to key players were nothing short of horrendous. Our most expensive signing in history was out virtually all season whilst our best midfielder and striker also had lengthy spells out. Arguably you could say we over achieved in managing to still make the play offs.

3. We have a plethora of young talent bursting through into the first team. Ince has the potential to be our greatest ever midfielder whilst all 3 of March, Dunk and JFC show promise.

4. We have the most loyal fan base outside of the Premier League and comfortably the highest average attendance in the championship. Season ticket sales volumes are in the top 10 in the COUNTRY.

5. It is clear to see already from the relegated sides in the Prem that the championship next season may be slightly weaker than this season and will be wide open. We will be right up there vying for automatic promotion.

I for one am incredibly proud of our football clubs efforts this season and CANNOT WAIT for championship season 14/15 to begin. With a bit of better luck on the injury front and with some astute signings pre-season it could be a special one for us.

Well put, and I could not agree more. Unfortunately this is apparently a glass half empty day and totally out of context ;)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Well put, and I could not agree more. Unfortunately this is apparently a glass half empty day and totally out of context ;)

It certainly appears that way :)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1. This was Oscar Garcia's first season in charge of an English football team and he managed to steer us into the play-offs. Imagine what he can do next season with a full pre season to shape and strengthen the squad with HIS players.

2. The injuries received this season to key players were nothing short of horrendous. Our most expensive signing in history was out virtually all season whilst our best midfielder and striker also had lengthy spells out. Arguably you could say we over achieved in managing to still make the play offs.

4. We have the most loyal fan base outside of the Premier League and comfortably the highest average attendance in the championship. Season ticket sales volumes are in the top 10 in the COUNTRY.

5. It is clear to see already from the relegated sides in the Prem that the championship next season may be slightly weaker than this season and will be wide open. We will be right up there vying for automatic promotion.

I for one am incredibly proud of our football clubs efforts this season and CANNOT WAIT for championship season 14/15 to begin. With a bit of better luck on the injury front and with some astute signings pre-season it could be a special one for us.

Agree with all that except point 3 - Dunk is comfortably our most promising player and will play premier league football at worst and be an England defender at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here