Before anyone starts going on about 'how bad we are doing'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
We are 12th in the league we have just come up into and playing good football. Yes, it didn't work tonight and we have had a bad run of form, but we are mid table in 12th with a positive goal difference and a lovely new stadium. Once we get out this dip of form we will be fine again, I think maybe 7th or 8th in the table at the end. People have become too over optimistic because of our fantastic start, and have started to think unrealistically. We are still doing well, don't get your heads down and carry on supporting the team as strongly as we have.

Hope all is well with Dicker and wish him a speedy recovery from whatever injury he has sustained.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
In complete agreement. We played well to an extent tonight, just need our strikers to regain form.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
3 points from 21 isn't good enough. Doesn't matter if we've just come up and got a brand new ground. If we carry on this form it will be 6 points from 42 and we'll be in the bottom 3.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Have you actually watched us?
As penetrative as a gay man in a room of virgins.
CMS up front on his own is not the answer. Barnes is weak & midfield poor.
Only beaten Doncaster & Peterborough at home.
Get real, we will be in the bottom 6 by Xmas unless we get our mojo back soon!

I totally agree with you. But there again, judging by your name, we are from a time when this poncy tippy tappy football had no place in English football.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Agree barnes is not good enough, I'm hoping Hoskins finds his best form quickly as at least his a partner for CMS, barnes just isn't doing it at the moment.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
So... given all your experience of managing a championship team.... what do you suggest?

cash in on weak players Ie, kasper, brez poke, painter, sparrow, harley and so on, get better players in on loan with prem league experience not league 1, tell the players to communicate with each other and not pass quickly, pass to free men and not to players with 2 or 3 players aound them ..... im sure I can go on but I will only get grief coming my way

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Out of interest, do any of you think we are doing 'badly' so far this season as a whole? All things taken into account...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Think we are doing fine all considering.
We have only just come up from League 1 and are playing against teams just come down from Premier.
West Ham, Leicester, Birmingham, Derby, Middlesbro' etc. are clubs that have enormous top flight experience and should be competing for promotion.
Other teams such as Reading, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Hull etc. have all had a reasonable time in top flights and again have the experience to be in promotion positions.
Southampton are doing well but the rest are also ran clubs. So 12th at present is a good position and we will rebuild on this.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
So... given all your experience of managing a championship team.... what do you suggest?

Personally I'd play a 4-4-2 formation, with Barnes playing up-top and not out wide as he has been under Gus. Buckley and Noone on the wings, with Vicente and Bridcutt in central midfield. :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Have you actually watched us?
As penetrative as a gay man in a room of virgins.
CMS up front on his own is not the answer. Barnes is weak & midfield poor.
Only beaten Doncaster & Peterborough at home.
Get real, we will be in the bottom 6 by Xmas unless we get our mojo back soon!

I'm glad someone said it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports