Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer in Brum?

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
First trip to Birmingham, just wondered where the place to go before the game is. Have been told by others that it's best to drink in the centre and get a cab to the ground. Is this correct? Any public houses in particular? Cheers

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Google Birmingham Beer Festival

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Shakespears Head, 5 mins from New Street Station.

If you like the real ale that is.:rock:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You could always pop in here for a beer. I'm sure the locals will be friendly & hospitable, especially if you tell them how well we got on with the Villa supporters when we last came up to Brum:-

409978-6278-800.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Coventry.They're away on Saturday!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
hitting brum by 11,looking forward to a few sheberts,still hoping they makeit potd,as have a few lads wanting to make a day of it

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I know they've done The Shakespeare up since I lived there (it used to be a right shit-pit tbh), but if you're into real ale I'd recommend you take a further 2 minutes walk up Bennetts Hill & fill yer boots in this place:-

http://www.thewellingtonrealale.co.uk/

Tbh, I didn't notice the decor last season ( v Walsall ).

Probably down to quality Jaipur ipa at 5.9%.:cheery:

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I liked Broad Street. One of the Weatherspoons was pretty decent if you're after something cheap and cheerful and we easily got a cab to Villa Park from there so can't believe St Andrews is much further!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you go up Broad Street don't leave it too late as the traffic up Cov Road & Garrison Lane gets pretty snarled up

Yep, the Wellington is a good bet in the centre of Brum, along with the Old Joint Stock or Old Contemptibles (all within a 5min walk) Popping down early (as live in Midlands) and planning on trying out some of the real ale places at the back of Digbeth (off and around Bradford Street) such as the Anchor, Adam & Eve..then walk up to the ground sufficiently lubricated with the rest of the family!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here