Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Is this it?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The bottles were plastic.

I was at that game and I recall the atmosphere in the tiny concourse was great with everyone jumping around. I've know doubt that some beer got split but don't recall a beer fight as such.. Whatever the rights and wrongs I think it's a shame that three fans are now banned for three years. Guilty of making the floor wet. A shame.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Was at the game and was watching this all unfold - the bans are obviously harsh, but the way these guys were acting was so over the top.

One of them was removed from the ground by Police, taken outside, given a talking to - and then let back in. Only to do it all again within 2 minutes.

Bearing in mind, this was before we'd even played the match. It was a bit ridiculous.

Not to say the punishment fits the crime, but they had plenty of warnings before it got serious.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you did this in a pub or a shopping centre, people complained and the police decided to prosecute, you would probably be looking at Common Assault at the lowest level. A conditional discharge or a fine at most.
Ditto if you did it at a rugby or cricket match.
The law, and in particular punishment, relating to football matches is in serious need of review.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you did this in a pub or a shopping centre, people complained and the police decided to prosecute, you would probably be looking at Common Assault at the lowest level. A conditional discharge or a fine at most.
Ditto if you did it at a rugby or cricket match.
The law, and in particular punishment, relating to football matches is in serious need of review.
If you did it in my pub you would be banned from my pub permanently. I wouldn't want you back.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Basically they tried to transfer the jolly Amex north stand "beer partying" to the City ground.

...And the officials ( who were not used to it ) were not amused.

Should have cut it out when warned.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
It's hardly a complete joke, what they did was stupid in the extreme, throwing bottles full of beer into the air, and presumably watching them smash on the ground. So some sort of punishment was necessary.

you don't get out much do you ?
a; the bottles are plastic and don't break
b; this is a trend started by Leeds years ago
c; Brighton fans have been doing most of this season to the tune of WERE ON OUR WAY,WERE ON OUR WAY TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE etc it is harmless fun fuelled mainly by those 11no keep sticking the ball in the net and Stockdale keeping out at the other end

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Throwing beer around is completely stupid and pisses me off no end when I'm trying to enjoy myself. No thanks, I don't want to stink of beer for the rest of the day.
The banning orders are ridiculously harsh, though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What about when they open bottles of champagne and spray it over everyone at other sporting events, should that be banned too?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Throwing beer around is completely stupid and pisses me off no end when I'm trying to enjoy myself. No thanks, I don't want to stink of beer for the rest of the day.
The banning orders are ridiculously harsh, though.

the morning after Reading at home I woke up stinking of beer, but I think I enjoyed myself
Most FBOs are ridiculous imho

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
it's a waste of a decent drink, isn't this what Fosters was invented for shirley?
Ah fosters, or camels piss as it's better known

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Leaves a fairly pissy taste in the mouth when the kind of restrictions like those in an FBO can be implemented for something like this, when at the same time you would have none of these restrictions if you are on a terrorist watch list.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
the first two guys were fined around twelve hundred quid between them for a bit of horseplay. They should probably have known better. Maybe they deserved to be ejected. After that, they probably wouldn't do it again. To ban them from football for three years is bloody harsh imo.

Quick look at the local paper shows someone getting fined less and a shorter ban for drink driving.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
should appeal that and at least try and get Barber to reverse.

Would happily sign a petition.

Ludicrous .

What next ??

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The guys were kicking off with each other outside the ground after the incident.

Unfortunately it's not the first time they have thrown bottles and acted like dicks, I recall one of them climbing on the handrails at Cardiff whilst proceeding to throw beer over everyone around him.

Everyone enjoys a good laugh and some of the beer throwing and celebrations at The Amex have been taken in good spirits, these guys just take it too far on a regular basis IMO.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Leaves a fairly pissy taste in the mouth when the kind of restrictions like those in an FBO can be implemented for something like this, when at the same time you would have none of these restrictions if you are on a terrorist watch list.

I assumed you were talking about their choice of LAGER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here