Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer festivals and Morris dancing.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Has anyone ever actually met a Morris Dancer. Or met someone who has met one?

They are like mythical creatures, emerging from swamps and downlands, prancing about in pub gardens and then vanishing again.

I don't believe they are real.

There were 20 in Wetherspoons North St last May Day, for my 30 mins the sounds of the bells around their ankles as they all trouped up to the Loo's and back was unrelenting

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Sheffield's finest Morris Team - Boggarts Breakfast
Boggarts Breakfast.jpg

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

They are like mythical creatures, emerging from swamps and downlands, prancing about in pub gardens and then vanishing again.

The do seem like something out of folklore, like pixies, elves and gnomes. Perhaps someone should follow one home one day to see where these people live.

Do these men dance with Morris women too? Are there even Morris minors?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

A bloke at work I know is one. We call him Operation Yewtree behind his back. Enough said.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So doing something that people think is different automatically makes him a kiddy fiddler in your eyes then?

Well I wouldn't have left my children alone with a Morris dancer I can tell you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There were 20 in Wetherspoons North St last May Day, for my 30 mins the sounds of the bells around their ankles as they all trouped up to the Loo's and back was unrelenting

Really? That real ale they serve can play tricks on the mind.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went on holiday to Somerset about 4 years back, down the road was the West Somerset Steam Railway. We decided to catch the train down to Minehead, everything was going fine and it was lovely sitting back enjoying the views from the train, until we stopped at a small station and about 20 Morris dancers got on.
They weren't happy just sitting quietly and enjoying the countryside as they had to walk up and down the carriages playing accordions and ringing their bells. :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here