Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Been supporting since 1993

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, seriously, that’s absolutely the best I’ve ever seen us play, beating Spurs away this season which, in turn, beat the Man City come back. All under Potter so fair play to him.

It’s only my third favourite Amex game though because of Wigan and beating Palace with 10 men. But it’s up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wigan game wasn't even the best of that season. Wigan just rubber-stamped things. Sheff Wed, on the other hand: revenge; a goal from Knockaert; a goal for them; a red for Muzza protecting his pretty bonce; a penalty save and a follow up from Stockdale; a red for them; two delicious crosses from Pocognoli ...; ... the second of which Knockaert puts in at the far post; another red for them

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm generally a pretty nervous fan.
For the first time ever, i nipped off for apint at half rime with 4 minutes to play.
I don't think i have ever seen us so totally in control of a game
The result wasn't in doubt at any point.

simply incredible.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not sure how you can compare, but some of the performances under Poyet in League One were, to quote the chant, ****ing brilliant. And they were achieved with League One players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You don’t need to know much about football to agree with the summary “should have been 5 or 6”.

Destroyed them and the rest of their season. They’ll not pick up another point now, we beat them so bad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've followed the club since 1977 and I'd say the same. The only game I can recall that rivals it was beating Man City 3-2 last season. As much as we took United apart, they are not a great side. City, on the other hand, were and they went 2-0 up.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not buying into the ‘Man Utd are shit’ perspective. Sure, they’re a disgrace by THEIR standards, which are the standards of one of the world’s biggest & most successful clubs. Give them a sniff & Fernandes, Cavani & Ronaldo in particular still have the talent to take teams apart. We made sure we didn’t give them a sniff.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great performance but Man United are absolute turd at the moment. Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone is that surprised.

In terms of shock, I recall us beating Forest at the Goldstone but I was very young.

Didn't that come off the back of some ridiculous unbeaten run by them ?

Also that televised win against Liverpool at the Goldstone in the FA Cup ?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Think they'd been 52 games unbeaten at home and were European champions at the time, Clapham. Are that win over Liverpool made it two in a row 'coz we'd knocked them out at Anfield on the way to the final the year before too.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Not sure how you can compare, but some of the performances under Poyet in League One were, to quote the chant, ****ing brilliant. And they were achieved with League One players.

Nightmare on London Road game sticks out for me! :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Since my first game in 1976 I have not seen us a dismantle any team in the top six in England so completely. Even so Sanchez had to be in fine form to snuff out some quality shots and quash any chance of a comeback. United did carve through us a few times. So yes best ever performance I’ve seen. The multiple slick passing in the second half that resulted in the ball coming back off the post was sublime and wouldn’t have looked out of place from a CL team if it had gone in.

I’m sure Welbeck had a John Byrne moment with the failed lob in front of the United faithful :lolol:

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Nope, it wasn't a dream!

Best and most complete team performance I have ever witnessed by The Albion. Absolutely sublime.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
As I said to my neighbour near the end of the game, THAT performance makes up for all the midweek games to such places as Scunthorpe and Hartlepool done over the years. :)

Simply brilliant

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Could easily have been 6 or 7 and we sustained the performance from first kick to last with every player performing at their highest level.

Can not recall a more dominating all round performance against one of the top 6 so gets my vote as the best seen in the PL

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've followed the club since 1977 and I'd say the same. The only game I can recall that rivals it was beating Man City 3-2 last season. As much as we took United apart, they are not a great side. City, on the other hand, were and they went 2-0 up.

Agreed. City was great. But they did have the title in the bag and played almost all the game with 10 men. I’ll concede we’ve had more notable results against Forest/Liverpool and promotion matches but in the 42 years I’ve watched them, can’t think of a match I’ve enjoyed more than yesterday.

It wasn’t a win snatched against the odds. It was a top 6 club utterly dominated by a team brilliantly organised, working their nuts off and playing some sensational football. As Brentford found out last week, United will still put in a decent performance if you let them. We made sure all their worst traits came to the fore.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
7-1 at Chester was rather good too… if a bit easy
I was at that one. A certain very young Zamora terrorised their defence.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We were magnificent against Liverpool in the 2-1 FA Cup win at Anfield in 1983. Fully deserved victory - and we dominated the game away from home against what was then the best team in Europe, knocking them out of a competition they were desperate to win. But in terms of the way we played, I think yesterday beats it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Mate, there's some who'll come on and say we played well at Charlton once.

But they have no sense of perspective. We just shredded Man U.

That's the best performance I've ever seen. It must surely be the best ever Brighton performance

Charlton?
Peterborough away was better!

Ok, beating Man U 4-0 tops that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here