Jul 5, 2003
at home
new players....same old crap

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Unfortunately our tight chairman does not see the need for a contingency seeing as we have a lanky french keeper (who if was any good would have been picked up by someone who can pay a decent salary) and a Villa understudy who doesn't talk to his defence, come for the ball and spills it at every opportunity.

Money for players. What a load of:censored:

Saint Lennard said:
we have a lanky french keeper (who if was any good would have been picked up by someone who can pay a decent salary)

That's just nonsense and you know it. How many players have we picked up over the years that no one else wanted, only for them to become stars for us? John Byrne, Zamora and Currie to name but three. This is the Brighton way and always has been, looking for diamonds in the rough. I know you are in a particularly grumpy mood today but please try and keep some grip on normality. Go and have a nice herbal tea.

PS No money for new players? Did you not see our exciting new right winger on Saturday?

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Lokki, i think therefore i am. It is my opinion and i hope to be probved wrong. As for diamonds John Byrne was already a proven player but thought to have had his best days, Zamora i agree and Mr Currie was again in the same bracket as Byrne. I remember when he first came on the seen at Barnet there was a big hoo ha about him but he never lived up to Uncle Tony.

And i still think that Carole is a clone of Leon. He comes from a french laboratory surely.

Thanks for the beverage tip. Just gonna pop and get a Peppermint brew.:wave:

Last edited:

Saint Lennard said:
Lokki, i think therefore i am. It is my opinion and i hope to be probved wrong. As for diamonds John Byrne was already a proven player but thought to have had his best days, Zamora i agree and Mr Currie was again in the same bracket as Byrne. I remember when he first came on the seen at Barnet there was a big hoo ha about him but he never lived up to Uncle Tony.

Thanks for the beverage tip. Just gonna pop and get a Peppermint brew.:wave:

Well, it wasn't actually your opinion I was quoting, it was this gem..
"if was any good would have been picked up by someone who can pay a decent salary"
which you state as fact but is clearly not.
John Byne faxed his details to every club in the top 2 English divisions whilst at LeHavre and Brighton were the only one to respond and offer him a trial. He clearly was good but no one offered him anything, their loss. It didn't make him shit did it? OK Currie not the best example but you get the gist.
I also believe we are still in the market for at least 2 new players. I for one am glad MM is taking his time to source the right players, and not just jumping into the transfer maket eyes wide shut.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Blayney deal is dead

Rumours that we wern't prepared to stump up an extra 20k are unproved, Initially blamed on Niemi possibly going. Apparently Niemi is now staying so I guess Harry is just too busy buying everyplayer over 30 and eating jellied eels down the solent to switch his phone on.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Lokki 7 said:
Well, it wasn't actually your opinion I was quoting, it was this gem..
"if was any good would have been picked up by someone who can pay a decent salary"
which you state as fact but is clearly not.
John Byne faxed his details to every club in the top 2 English divisions whilst at LeHavre and Brighton were the only one to respond and offer him a trial. He clearly was good but no one offered him anything, their loss. It didn't make him shit did it? OK Currie not the best example but you get the gist.
I also believe we are still in the market for at least 2 new players. I for one am glad MM is taking his time to source the right players, and not just jumping into the transfer maket eyes wide shut.

I notice you didn't quaote Mark McCammon as one of our rough diamonds, Or Tiltman, Aspinall etc...

My opinion not fact is that we would offer less than most if not all Championship and League one sides. My opinion is that these other clubs have not considered these people becuase similar to the Byrne scenario they cannot be bothered or are happy with what they have got.

I am fully behind MMs search for players but cannot support the story that we have money to spend. Particularly when we are not spending any. Blayney is an example of this. He is a player who we have had with us. Therfeore tried and tested. Ok he would come with a fee but i would rather pay for something (at a resonable price) for something i am sure of rather than take a risk. Particularly when it comes to keepers as we learnt last year. My opinion is that Blayney would be Value For Money.

There must be some players out there that are available. Everyone else seems to be adding to theor squads. I would be more understanding if we had no money.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Saint Lennard said:
I notice you didn't quaote Mark McCammon as one of our rough diamonds, Or Tiltman, Aspinall etc...

My opinion not fact is that we would offer less than most if not all Championship and League one sides. My opinion is that these other clubs have not considered these people becuase similar to the Byrne scenario they cannot be bothered or are happy with what they have got.

I am fully behind MMs search for players but cannot support the story that we have money to spend. Particularly when we are not spending any. Blayney is an example of this. He is a player who we have had with us. Therfeore tried and tested. Ok he would come with a fee but i would rather pay for something (at a resonable price) for something i am sure of rather than take a risk. Particularly when it comes to keepers as we learnt last year. My opinion is that Blayney would be Value For Money.

There must be some players out there that are available. Everyone else seems to be adding to theor squads. I would be more understanding if we had no money.

I'll 2nd That

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Saint Lennard said:

You're never understanding, in my OPINION.

Saint Lennard said:

Very observant. The reason I did not quote these particular footballing greats is that it was irrelevant to the point I was making, one that I can't be bothered to explain for a third time.
I tend to disagree with you on most things but I fully agree that we should aggressively try and acquire Blayney. I think the GK position could be the difference between survival and relegation this year.
As for not being willing to spend money. Turienzo (at least £100,000), Carole (at least £100,000), CKR (yes I know coke money), we made an offer for Blayney and we are still looking.
Hope you enjoyed your tea.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Teas was refreshing thank you. Where did you get the prices from?

Wasn't Blayney originally offered for £25k. Even at £100k i would have thought he was VFM.

Saint Lennard said:
Teas was refreshing thank you. Where did you get the prices from?

Wasn't Blayney originally offered for £25k. Even at £100k i would have thought he was VFM.

I seem to remember reading the phrase "undisclosed six figure fee" in relation to both Turi and Carole. Could have been the official site.
I also think Blayney is worth £100k no problem, unfortunately for you and me MM believes the extra £75k can have a bigger effect if spent on other areas of the team. I actually spoke to MM about this not that long ago and thats pretty much what he said. For some strange reason he wasn't that interested in my OPINION.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lokki 7 said:
I also think Blayney is worth £100k no problem, unfortunately for you and me MM believes the extra £75k can have a bigger effect if spent on other areas of the team.

If no Blayney,Replacements for carpenter and Oatway please

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Next time you meet him try suggesting what type of herbal beverage he should be using at half time to help him keep his nerve for the second half when we will inevitably sit deeper and deeper despite his calls for us to press on up the field.:D

Play to your strengths Lokki.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Saint Lennard said:
Next time you meet him try suggesting what type of herbal beverage he should be using at half time to help him keep his nerve for the second half when we will inevitably sit deeper and deeper despite his calls for us to press on up the field.:D

Yes, yes I will. I'll leave any silly ideas I might have about football behind and listen to the experts like yourself SL.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Lokki 7 said:
Yes, yes I will. I'll leave any silly ideas I might have about football behind and listen to the experts like yourself SL.

I am not an expert in recommending herbal teas......... just drinking them. Thank you.

Cheer up and have another Pepsi Max.;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports