Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I am sorry to admit that I have wet the bed on multiple occasions, please serve me up a nice portion of humble pie.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not the events, it's the chronology of them.

Ulloa sold, Upson (who isn't even on the bench for Leicester) let go, Buckley sold, Orlandi gone. Jilted at the alter by Sammy Lee, Stephen Ward and Adam Clayton. Possibly the worst opening home performance of the new era and 0 points from 6.

Followed by quality signing after quality signing, and players who look like delivering on the attacking football promise. Win, win, win after extra time.

After the Sheff Weds game I said the squad needed major surgery and got over 50 thumbs up. The surgeon's been and delivered and who knows if he's done yet?

It's an effing rollercoaster ride supporting this club. Always has been, always will be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not the events, it's the chronology of them.

Ulloa sold, Upson (who isn't even on the bench for Leicester) let go, Buckley sold, Orlandi gone. Jilted at the alter by Sammy Lee, Stephen Ward and Adam Clayton. Possibly the worst opening home performance of the new era and 0 points from 6.

Followed by quality signing after quality signing, and players who look like delivering on the attacking football promise. Win, win, win after extra time.

After the Sheff Weds game I said the squad needed major surgery and got over 50 thumbs up. The surgeon's been and delivered and who knows if he's done yet?

It's an effing rollercoaster ride supporting this club. Always has been, always will be.
All completely true.

But this time it didn't have to be a rollercoaster.
For all the reasons that have already been written.

We all had the same information, and yet massive divides were still caused by some ridiculous statements on here.

Sure without the signings of Holla & T'Shearer, come 01.09, this thread could easily be written from the other perspective.
But the signings that were promised have been made, and some cash has been pocketed.

The fact that we had a completely unnecessary rollercoaster this Summer, doesn't half make me think '14 is going to look tame as the club goes 'forward'.

To have the Albion fans turn into a 'win every game, demand the moon and stars' supporters that we laugh at around the country (Leeds) will be a real pissy shame.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Upson is injured. Out for three months, I believe (though that was just before the season started so probably only two months now)

Not saying it is, but this could prove a lucky escape in his going, sad as it is he's getting older and injuries become harder to get over, shame for him and he was great for us whilst he was here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
All completely true.

But this time it didn't have to be a rollercoaster.
For all the reasons that have already been written.

We all had the same information, and yet massive divides were still caused by some ridiculous statements on here.

Sure without the signings of Holla & T'Shearer, come 01.09, this thread could easily be written from the other perspective.
But the signings that were promised have been made, and some cash has been pocketed.

The fact that we had a completely unnecessary rollercoaster this Summer, doesn't half make me think '14 is going to look tame as the club goes 'forward'.

To have the Albion fans turn into a 'win every game, demand the moon and stars' supporters that we laugh at around the country (Leeds) will be a real pissy shame.

I've talked / written / posted a lot about how much harder the jobs of EVERYONE except agents are in the social media age. Naylor - and the NSC high ups who get better info than him these days - were convinced we were signing Baldock, Clayton and Ward in the same week. In that week we went 0/3 on them. Baldock has JUST signed but it's still a spectacularly bad prediction for a local journalist looking to regain fans' trust. With 20/20 hindsight one or more agents have stitched us up there.

On the other hand we have quietly signed Holla, Gardner, Colunga and Tex, signed Bennett not so quietly (but impressively quickly given Ward's desertion) and landed Baldock since.

Or put another way, those ITK have accurately predicted ONE of our signings. I can't see how seasoned writers survive transfer prediction month never mind the ordinary fan.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Amazing how so many posters suddenly reveal themselves to be level headed superfans now the transfer window appears a success. Plenty of people advocated keeping calm but plenty of others, silence ...until now. Funny that, maybe they were as concerned as the rest of us but were keeping quiet until knowing which opinion was right then coming down on that side. I am perfectly happy to admit that Iam still pissed off at throwing 6 points away due to having an understrength squad but am more than happy with the squad as it stands, stronger at the end of the window than it was at the start.......for the first time for 18 months.

This.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still think we've bought some pretty good players, who are playing in a broken system that doesn't suit them at all.

Holla
Gardner
Tex
McCourt
Bennett

are all talented players at this level. We've seen signs of this.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I still think we've bought some pretty good players, who are playing in a broken system that doesn't suit them at all.

Holla
Gardner
Tex
McCourt
Bennett

are all talented players at this level. We've seen signs of this.

Worrying that three are loan players, future Wards in the making. The ones we paid money for you have not included.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Are the bedwetters being proved correct or is it the bad Karma that has brought us a run of poor performances and bad results. This is an interesting thread.

Well reading that thread again and recent posts, there are one or two who have jumped sides since then that I can see.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well reading that thread again and recent posts, there are one or two who have jumped sides since then that I can see.

Or it's somewhere down the middle? The players we brought in were pretty good, but perhaps not quite good enough without an Ulloa replacement, and it's not just their fault but also the system they're working in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here