Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bedwetters gone quiet

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I should imagine they have all now focused their negative trolling drivel on other threads about things they probably don't understand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Freakin hilarious.

Funny how the bedwetters happen to just be 4 or 5 people.
Also funny how ALL 4 must have been the most prolific NSC posters.
The 4 people that started the most threads.

Whereas every body else was just a concerned citizen, who knew it would all be ok in the end.

I've got so much more respect for those that are actually standing behind their own convictions, manning up and saying 'oh boy was I wrong'.
There's nothing worse than a snivelling snidey snake rewriting their own history or denying it entirely, just because they have no backbone.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Freakin hilarious.

Whereas every body else was just a concerned citizen, who knew it would all be ok in the end.

I've got so much more respect for those that are actually standing behind their own convictions, manning up and saying 'oh boy was I wrong'.
There's nothing worse than a snivelling snidey snake rewriting their own history or denying it entirely, just because they have no backbone.

I bet those that have got your 'respect' will be able to sleep well. Top work on the childish insults and name calling too :thumbsup:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Freakin hilarious.

Did you ride up to your Ivory Tower on your high horse?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I will admit I was a bedwetter but my sheets have remained dry since the capture of Holla opened the signing floodgate.

What I don't/didn't really understand was why (apparently) so many people were so quick to not have any trust or faith in the club. The downpour of scorn was quire intense. How little faith people must have in TB. What has he ever done to inspire such distrust, I don't know. Ok, we've been late in the market in a few windows, but you can't really say we've ever ultimately been let down, so why were people so quick to believe it would happen this time.

I appreciate you have a certain number of people who criticise everything and offer nothing positive (presumsbly people who have never achieved anything, otherwise they'd appreciate what goes into being a success), but this seemed to be more thsn that, and I don't know what the club has done to deserve that.

I'm not blind to the clubs faults, and maybe business should have been done more before the season, but the promise was that it would be done begore the end of the window, so why they weren't believed is beyond me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Obviously, I'm delighted we have now made what looks like some excellent additions to the squad, but anyone who thinks we wouldn't have been better off having them in for August 1st, so that we could have torn Sheff Weds apart is kidding themselves.

You're stating the obvious here. The way the transfer window works makes this night on impossible unless you are willing to pay over the odds. This will happen every year unless the end of the transfer window changes to the start of the season or it is abolished all together.

What made this year particuarly difficult was that we lost some players that I suspect we had counted on keeping, there was also probably a bit of a delay whilst Sami got his feet under the table and had a look at the exisiting squad.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
What I don't/didn't really understand was why (apparently) so many people were so quick to not have any trust or faith in the club. The downpour of scorn was quire intense. How little faith people must have in TB. What has he ever done to inspire such distrust, I don't know. Ok, we've been late in the market in a few windows, but you can't really say we've ever ultimately been let down, so why were people so quick to believe it would happen this time.

I appreciate you have a certain number of people who criticise everything and offer nothing positive (presumsbly people who have never achieved anything, otherwise they'd appreciate what goes into being a success), but this seemed to be more thsn that, and I don't know what the club has done to deserve that.

I'm not blind to the clubs faults, and maybe business should have been done more before the season, but the promise was that it would be done begore the end of the window, so why they weren't believed is beyond me.

My take on it: People react to what they see and hear. It should be easy to work out why people got so frustrated with proceedings this summer. It was a cumilation of everything over the past 12 months - 2 manager leaving under clouds, the best of our players sold or allowed to leave, little in the way of replacements, rising prices. The list goes on. The lack of transfer activity up until recently that cumilated in the capitulations against Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: and Birmingham, were just the straws that broke the proverbial back for many. Others had already started to get a bit flakey.

Ultimately, we don't know what goes on because we're not told. Fair enough. But people still react to what they have. You can throw words around like trust as much as desired the simple truth is people do not like to trust blindly and as a result, others cannot be surprised if discontent is voiced as a result of what can be seen and heard.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If you genuinely believe that then you're a very strange person. Nobody wants to see the club struggling, everybody wants to see us be successful, but we all have different ways of expressing it. There will not be a single Albion fan wanting less than a win on Saturday, unless they've got Charlton on their accumulator. It's quite honestly ridiculous to think otherwise.
It was a joke. Humour being something desperately lacking from this oh-so-serious thread. That said, there are some who never praise the club, only criticise. Surely you've noticed?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How little faith people must have in TB. What has he ever done to inspire such distrust, I don't know.

Exactly. I just think some people like to make a lot of noise.

I reiterate, I was worried but the outpouring of emotion was childish and massively disrespectful to Tony Bloom.

In the same way now that people are making too much noise about us being world beaters. The window isn't over yet, lets just be grateful for what we've got and keep our fingers crossed that we are in an even better position when the window closes.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have to say there does seem to be a collective amnesia on this thread. A few people are holding their hands up to having been concerned but what we saw a couple of weeks ago was hysteria by numerous posters especially after the Ward saga concluded. I don't think anyone wasn't mildly concerned but the threads questioning Bloom's investment, questioning whether we had appointed the wrong manager, suggesting we were favourites for relegation, "David Burke OUT", "Going backwards in every respect" etc were ridiculous. It's not sitting in ivory towers or being on high horses - it was merely listening and observing what was going on and giving the club a chance to make astute signings even if it took a while. And equally, whilst most are pleased with the transfer business there is no way of knowing at the moment how successful we will be this season - unlikely but we may yet have a difficult season ahead although I doubt it.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There was clearly a lot going on behind the scenes re player recruitment which the club couldn't make public. A lot of these deals couldn't be concluded until we had money in place. Once Ulloa and Buckley had been sold, the action could start. Money in leads to money going out.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My take on it: People react to what they see and hear.

I think that was my basic point, we were told it would be sorted by the end of the transfer window and it has (more or less) - the number of people either just wanting to make a noise or not believe it was out of all proporation. The club had done viryually nothing to bring this on. Did anyone really think TB would spend £130m or so in facilities and then forget the squad. Quite ridiculous in my view.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We haven't played a decent team yet either.[/QUOTE]

Sheff Wednesday are unbeaten in six in all competitions. Think they may have a better season than some are making out. Don't forget, it was all doom and gloom when we lost our first home game last season to Derby and they had a half tidy season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here